Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Brenny's at the wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think some of the stuff regarding his personal life leaks into it.

The guy whose wife cheated on him to have the affair with Brendan (now Brendan's wife) killed himself 6 months or so after all that broke out and nobody likes a Home-wrecker.

The guy also reeks of inauthenticity, plus the timing of leaving Celtic when a "treble Treble" was on the cards to take the Leicester job seemingly based on the notion that Leicester would break into the Champion's League places.

Then you would get stories about him maybe becoming Pep's successor at Man City despite not really having "earned it" yet feeds the idea that he is incredibly jammy to be in the situation he is in having already gotten a massive Liverpool job earlier in his career than what was probably appropriate.

These things stack up in people's minds.
    I didn't know that about his affair, that's a stain on him to be sure.

I wouldn't be too upset on him leaving Celtic, Stevie did the same with Rangers. It's natural to want to get a club in the EPL as Scotland is the graveyard shift. Nor would I be too bothered about rumours and lucky to get a big club. He did well enough with us compared to Potter at Chelsea.

As I say he does have a whiff of bs about him

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I personally think that's harsh to think of him as bad person. People make choices in life and don't intend to hurt or harm anyone but the repurcusions can be huge. I wouldn't blame anyone feeling bitter if they have been on the recieving end of that thought but for others who have literally no connection they should mind their own business as they have no idea of what's happened or what's gone on.
    In terms of his career he's not the first and won't be the last who's made those kind of moves.
    Managers are no different to players. There's very little loyalty amongst them all, we'd all take bigger,better jobs for more money and kudos. That's the way life rolls rightly or wrongly.
    I personally have zero ill will towards him.
    Irrespective of his affair you have obviously not read about his property portfolio of tenanted properties which were in a shocking condition he was taken to court at least once (probably many times) due to his failure to carry out essential repairs.His demeaning treatment of a very young and very talented Raheem Sterling on TV .His wife having to take him to court for a reasonable maintenance figure when he was a very wealthy individual .He was and is not a nice person.
    Last edited by huyrob; 3rd April 2023 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Irrespective of his affair you have obviously not read about his property portfolio of tenanted properties which were in a shocking condition he was taken to court at least once (probably many times) due to his failure to carry out essential repairs.His demeaning treatment of a very young and very talented Raheem Sterling on TV .His wife having to take him to court for a reasonable maintenance figure when he was a very wealthy individual .He was and is not a nice person.
    And you know him personally do you or are you going off what you've read in the media?
    Do you reckon he oversees all of his properties himself alongside his football profession or possibly has a contract form doing that for him? Taken to court "Probably many times"? Come up with that yourself?
    Demeaning Sterling? Give over will you.
    Last edited by teesred; 3rd April 2023 at 02:38 PM.

So he's not a beautiful human being.

Looks aren't every thing "cough" speaking from someone else's experience of course
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

And you know him personally do you or are you going off what you've read in the media?
    Do you reckon he oversees all of his properties himself alongside his football profession or possibly has a contract form doing that for him? Taken to court "Probably many times"? Come up with that yourself?
    Demeaning Sterling? Give over will you.
    No I don’t know him but as a property litigation solicitor I followed the court case. Yes he had managing agents for his properties but they can only go act on clients instructions. If he had rectified the dilapidation claims then court proceedings would not have ensued.
    So far as Sterling is concerned….what is your view of Rodger’s behaviour in front of the TV cameras?

He's was and remains a cunt, never liked him, thought he was a major league bullshitter
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

No I don’t know him but as a property litigation solicitor I followed the court case. Yes he had managing agents for his properties but they can only go act on clients instructions. If he had rectified the dilapidation claims then court proceedings would not have ensued.
    So far as Sterling is concerned….what is your view of Rodger’s behaviour in front of the TV cameras?
    I don't remember him personally throwing Sterling under the bus but after the way he left I couldnt have cared less anyway. He jumped ship as soon as he saw the water getting choppy.
    I said at the time he was entitled to move in on as the club looked to be going nowhere, he wasn't prepared to stick around and be one of the main men at LFC ( which is what he'd have become).

I don't remember him personally throwing Sterling under the bus but after the way he left I couldnt have cared less anyway. He jumped ship as soon as he saw the water getting choppy.
    I said at the time he was entitled to move in on as the club looked to be going nowhere, he wasn't prepared to stick around and be one of the main men at LFC ( which is what he'd have become).
    You don’t remember? It was pretty mainstream news, yes it was the media but in this instance LFC’s own TV channel. Sterling never forgave Rodgers and I do not blame him for that.
    Perhaps a bit of research may be beneficial before you criticise or argue with people who have formed an opinion on incontrovertible facts which of you are not aware despite them being well known to supporters.
    Last edited by huyrob; 3rd April 2023 at 08:41 PM.

You don’t remember? It was pretty mainstream news, yes it was the media but in this instance LFC’s own TV channel. Sterling never forgave Rodgers and I do not blame him for that.
    Perhaps a bit of research may be beneficial before you criticise or argue with people who have formed an opinion on incontrovertible facts which of you are not aware despite them being well known to supporters.
    Very well put in bold, except for not using research/insight, and one I have had course to use similarly regarding football issues here (not related to Tees btw who is a thorough good lad, except for apparently liking Rodgers )
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”