Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Brenny's at the wheel

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I need to have wishful thinking to believe it?? anyway dunno why this thread was hijacked
    Not really hijacked, simply pages and pages of natural evolution from Brendan Rodgers to God.

Only person who thinks hes god is David Moyes
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You've misunderstood me, I might be included in the big man staging a mass intervention for the salvation of the planet and the human species - I don't see what is wrong in praying for the salvation of the planet and the species and the meek and all God's living creatures - I'm asking the big man to make the call
    In what sense do you need a mass-genocide for the benefit of the planet ?

I'm not surprised you'd willingly go with the mass-extermination.
    You seem to have a rather depressive, miserable and maniacal outlook. Like wishing covid killed many more people. Take out a few more breeders or potential breeders, not enough children and younger women died. It largely only took out a few older people, which for ecomaniacs is just not good enough.

I need to have wishful thinking to believe it?? anyway dunno why this thread was hijacked
    Elon Musk believes in the simulation theory, which fits with many religious beliefs and other philosophical ideas - like the Greeks who are largely accredited as a strong foundation on which modern science is based on. Similarly Einstein believed in a God too, and many other notable scientific geniuses.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Well 'he' didn't make an appearance in 1914 or 1939, so doubt 'he' ever will...
    The problem of evil and free will are food for thought when speculating, even including hallucinogenic experiences

One could postulate that any reality up against a perfect, or infinitely good reality, could seem like hell.

The idea of suffering for your own good and development seems a rather consistent part of nature. Poor universe started out as a big ied.
    A road to perfection, might take a few hard knocks along the woy.

May your God go with you.
    (Dave Allen).

The theology is going from throwaway to luke warm. I’m biding my time.

But justme didn’t seem to be fussed about the problem of evil. He just thinks science has explained everything and has a conviction that all religions are superstition.

One could be forgiven for thinking he may not be aware of his own superstition.

Theres a problem of evil?? And i think science explains everything? Im just giving a reason why why things happen and there is no requirement for any input from a god. Unless someone can prove to me or show me anything unnatural in the world.. I'll listen. Secondly humans do bad things. you can call it evil. But there is no force of good or evil

Im just giving a reason why why things happen
    you don't know why life happened and you don't know why the universe happened.. so maybe some humility is in order

I dont need a reason i just accept it.. There is no requirement for "something"