Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Brenny's at the wheel

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I dont need a reason i just accept it.. There is no requirement for "something"
    so everything is explained and yet there is no need for an explanation.. how mystical

I dont need a reason i just accept it.. There is no requirement for "something"
    I think this demonstrates the value of Poppers work in setting the modern paradigm in science.
    Belief in God's existence and belief in no God existing, are matters of faith and not scientific matters

Do you believe in free will, or love ?

Gravity and heat are 2 forces that are known/posited as increasing criminal/badman/evil behaviours.

If these forces are proven to increase bad behaviour, or evil behaviour, do you reject the idea of an evil force, when 2 largely accepted forces are known/posited variables over man's behaviour.

2 forces increasing man's bad/evil behaviour would seem to me to be a demonstration of force having evil/bad influences over people.

Do i believe in free will NO. do i believe in love in what sense an emotion?? then yes. animals including humans have emotions.
    What is a purpose of a god?if the god creates something on purpose then its consciouslly aware of everything. If it creates something and is not aware. Its pretty much null and void.

No idea what gravity has to play a part in things so no idea on that.

To me life is simple we are the result of a sperm and egg. one sperm in millions. are just has likely not to exist and has to exist. There is no reason to it.. Just the way it is..Its like when a plane crashes.one persons survives and 78 people die..
    Its not a matter of fate or luck for the person who didnt die.
    to me people think a god gives everything meaning. where as i can look at a waterfall or a rainforest. a snowy mountain and so on and admire it (personally). without needing to be a reason why.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

You get pretty pissed off at referees and their unjust biases for someone who doesn’t believe in the meaning of anything, in the purpose of anything or in free will.

Perhaps your posts are just emotional spasms from an animal, the random result of procreation in a random event called the Big Bang

Whats refeering got to do with anything? I see their biasness.. so rightly get pissed off.. They are still making chocies.They are influencing games..Regarding free will.there is free choice (with in reason)
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Do i believe in free will NO. do i believe in love in what sense an emotion?? then yes. animals including humans have emotions.
    What is a purpose of a god?if the god creates something on purpose then its consciouslly aware of everything. If it creates something and is not aware. Its pretty much null and void.

No idea what gravity has to play a part in things so no idea on that.

To me life is simple we are the result of a sperm and egg. one sperm in millions. are just has likely not to exist and has to exist. There is no reason to it.. Just the way it is..Its like when a plane crashes.one persons survives and 78 people die..
    Its not a matter of fate or luck for the person who didnt die.
    to me people think a god gives everything meaning. where as i can look at a waterfall or a rainforest. a snowy mountain and so on and admire it (personally). without needing to be a reason why.
    Not sure about God, what/who it is, just have a sense about it. A bit like yourself in the opposite way.
    I'd guess the "proper" answer is, it's its own purpose. A first mover/cause.

Just was wondering if you think love as people describe it, parental care/love, family, your own kids, friends and family is "real", or a phenomological experience to boost genetic/evolutionary desires.
    A something people create to make life more meaningful.
    Which would posit nature-or-God as a force that evolved us to seek meaning.
    Certainly more entertaining.

Like if nature or God made us, we'd be inclined to experience emotions to serve our genetic code, or our maker.
    It's either a god before nature, or through nature that we've evolved as we do to find beauty or appreciation in things.

Way I see it if nature made us, evolved us, we've evolved in good and evil ways. Being evil is somewhat natural. If you put God in there, made to be imperfect to evil

If you put God in before nature, we'd have a perfect being allegedly who'd created us to experience trials and tribulations as a better pathway, than one where we are spolied.
    That would be by design rather than random.

Like the overall parameters and variation which support life, is a thin enough range. Reality or God has done the big part, and we've just got a small portion to do ourselves.

Either way it's not an area of clarity.

Either a builder a bit better than Ian designed it and set it off.
    Or
    A tiny super dense particle sized package, arrived out of nowhere into nothing or mostly nothing, and for some unknown reason exploded with such ferocity it lasted for ages unable to sustain an atom, before continuing to explode and having randomly formulated the laws of physics, with us eventually arriving on the scene of a cooler part of the shrapnel spinning through some quantum mechanics around a bigger piece if shrapnel held together by opposing forces of heat and gravity. By pure chance or randomness.

Anyone ever wonder about what kind of scale we may be on. When you consider we can look at bacteria on a microscopic level it raises the question of where we are on this scale. We could be bacteria running around on some space creatures nut sack for all we know. We are to small to go far enough to make meaningful representation of what we are or where we are at the moment.

That is the framing problem, eggy. From a traditional perspective, we are on the human scale, ‘made in the image of God’ it makes sense that the sun goes around the earth because that is the human perspective.
    Once you insist on looking at things from outside of that perspective, as scientific fundamentalists have done, the meaning of humanity disappears, as so beautifully expressed by justme.
    That’s why we are in a meaning crisis

God exists He created this planet and the universe we perceive. Who knows what the universe holds in its unlimited space. Science can attempt to explain how but never can explain why things happen as they do. Like time. Do you understand time? 4 types of time maybe. Like right now, your own personal sense of time, going a little bit fast or slow but with the clock always ticking, regular and methodical and yet we experience long and slow periods; next is geological time which we can almost understand; next is astrological time which some scientists pertain to understand; and finally comes God "s time which has no beginning or end and only God understands.