Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 games to go - Man City and Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    It's a goal
    Yep i mean the image of the ball. its only shown a split second before the balls over the line.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    It's a goal
    Quite sure the goal line technology was already in place then and it sends a signal or some kind automatically when the ball fully crosses the line

They've improved their CB options since since, Kompany's foul on Mo was a red card all day long, then he has to miss 3 other games, and they only have Otamendi to bring on in place of him

City have for too long been the Max Verstappen of the Premier League, it needs to stop
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Burnley - Away
    Atletico Madrid - Home
    Liverpool - Home
    Atletico Madrid - Away
    Wolves - Away

That's not the easiest 15-day spell for Man City's League campaign, stacked as their squad may be.

Hopefully Atletico bring their very best to the Etihad. Would be good to rock up to their stadium when they have had a physically draining and mentally depleting midweek fixture as opposed to any form of confidence boost.

Atletico aren't what they were, but they still have that capacity to frustrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Burnley - Away
    Atletico Madrid - Home
    Liverpool - Home
    Atletico Madrid - Away
    Wolves - Away

That's not the easiest 15-day spell for Man City's League campaign, stacked as their squad may be.

Hopefully Atletico bring their very best to the Etihad. Would be good to rock up to their stadium when they have had a physically draining and mentally depleting midweek fixture as opposed to any form of confidence boost.

Atletico aren't what they were, but they still have that capacity to frustrate.
    If ATletico can defend as we know they can, you can see them causing CIty issues with Greizmann, Felix and De Paul in a 1 with 2 up or a 2 with 1 up ahead of their experienced rearguard action, City still have Fathead Walker suspended for that game and will also be missing Dias still I believe, so more potential for opportunities for Felix and Greizmann - Atletico bumming City in that first game if their best chances of progression in my opinion and would upset them and unsettle them very nicely from our perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    If ATletico can defend as we know they can, you can see them causing CIty issues with Greizmann, Felix and De Paul in a 1 with 2 up or a 2 with 1 up ahead of their experienced rearguard action, City still have Fathead Walker suspended for that game and will also be missing Dias still I believe, so more potential for opportunities for Felix and Greizmann - Atletico bumming City in that first game if their best chances of progression in my opinion and would upset them and unsettle them very nicely from our perspective
    Win lose or draw we must all be hoping that Athleti will do what they are very good at, whoever they play they will ( hopefully) be what they are, talented cheating twats.

Hope trent is back for city, don't really fancy Gomez or Milner in that game...
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I think Joe Gomez is fine as a right back. he just doesn't offer the same offensive deliveries.But he is quick and experienced in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I think Joe Gomez is fine as a right back. he just doesn't offer the same offensive deliveries.But he is quick and experienced in that position.
    I seem to recall him being out of position many times..
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I seem to recall him being out of position many times..
    Trent has been too recently and got roasted off Martinelli but most defenders will/have. I think we'll be fine with Gomez defence wise. The attack will definitely take a hit, could do with Mo getting back to form fast.

I'm more than happy to have Gomez as a more defensive stand in right back for Trent, with a few games and getting full match fitness and Jurgen tweaking things a little with Joe settled in there, I think he'll do just fine, it's a much better and safer use of him than putting him anywhere near either CB position that's for sure

Tweak wise, there is the option to have Matip drive forward a little more and Gomez sit when he does so, that works for me too - Much as I admire and appreciate Millie, I don't really want him playing at RB, it cost us the win in the game v City at Anfield, when he eventually got done to allow them to score one of their goals, as someone very poignantly posted 'that was inevitable'