Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 games to go - Man City and Liverpool

Did anyone see the BBC News at 10 last night with the Premiership Trophy?
    It had red ribbons on. Do they know something we don't? Jajajajajajaja 😂

My brother is going to be at the Elland Road game against City on Saturday evening.
    He said no chance Leeds will beat them, but they will take a point off them.
    That'll do, hopefully we'll have done our thing in the early kick off in the NE...

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    My brother is going to be at the Elland Road game against City on Saturday evening.
    That'll do, hopefully we'll have done our thing in the early kick off in the NE...
    Technically speaking they would take two points off them in that scenario

Did anyone see the BBC News at 10 last night with the Premiership Trophy?
    It had red ribbons on. Do they know something we don't? Jajajajajajaja 😂
    Signed, sealed, delivered, get in

Calm down lads, the only thing Leeds are getting, is inflatable doughnuts to sit on on the way home.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Calm down lads, the only thing Leeds are getting, is inflatable doughnuts to sit on on the way home.
    Or maybe Jessie Marsch just needs to give them the following speech

And MAYBE, Real bum City at the Etihad tonight, getting themselves a 2 goal lead and Guardiola goes full on over thinking and rests 11 for the Leeds game
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Technically speaking they would take two points off them in that scenario
    Hahaha, but technically speaking, I was talking about Leeds coming away with a point all for themselves.
    Ha, but we'll played Tiki-Taksin me auld mucker... 😆

Well, everything is aligning quite nicely for a perfect quadruple storm

City have an insecure 1 goal lead in their Champions League semi, have made Stones relapse and have other injury issues in defence, both our lads and Real play before they play their next game, Real with the luxury of being able to rest their entire 11 for their Saturday game, which may very well entice Guardiola into resting a few too many of his players for their game at the weekend

We have to keep our end of this up though, by applying pressure, first and foremost by trying to register as convincing a win as possible in our first leg v Villareal tonight - Any win is a fantastic result, if we're good enough on the night to get a victory that looks to have out us in an incredibly favourable position to be in the final, I think, because of the rivalry and pressure on Guardiola to deliver a Champions League win, it ramps the pressure up on him and his players even more

Then we play before them at the weekend, but first and foremost we need the best possible performance and result we can get against Villareal
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Word of caution.

We haven’t won a European knockout tie at Anfield since that miracle 4:0 win v Barca in 2019.

That’s 3 years and 4 games without a win

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Word of caution.

We haven’t won a European knockout tie at Anfield since that miracle 4:0 win v Barca in 2019.

That’s 3 years and 4 games without a win
    That game was like yesterday though, Steveo!