Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555 ... LastLast

Thread: Reason No. 398,285 why it's not good to have your club owned by a Petro-Oligarch

By the way, this policy of freezing out assets of private citizens as a punishment to their government is so foolish it may completely rip apart the global economy. The virtue signalling of incompetent leaders like Biden, the EU and Johnson serves only their own temporary sense of importance.

The Chinese will now see that any assets they have in Western countries could be instantly frozen should some fool think it suits a purpose and will think twice about maintaining their investment here.

On the reverse, pension companies in the West are now facing having their investments in Russia stripped, and the knock on effects are hard to measure.

This is actually lawlessness - governments should not seize private assets without due process. It took 40 years for the US government to admit that its disgraceful treatment of Japanese citizens in American during WWII was unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    What must the Newcastle owners be thinking now about their new toy when it now appears they could have been based in London instead…
    How many more oil-rich states are there in the middle East, who don't already own a football club?

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I think he bought it for 140 million from Ken Bates 20 years ago. So if he is asking 3 or 4 billion but will only get maybe 2, he is still making quite a tidy sum. Also I don't think he is walking away from the billion he is owed, I think he is saying it doesn't have to be paid now, as part of the deal, so that it can be facilitated quickly. Gab Marcotti reckons the money he is owed is equal in value to half of his total worth.
    There are all kinds of scenarios. They might get Glazer type nightmare owners. they might get a sugar daddy, they might get some interested state owners coming in, obviously one of the top clubs in the city of london is appealing to lots of potential buyers. They might have to sell off some players (who would we fancy?.) And what about the seemingly hundreds of players they've got out on loan?
    The stadium is falling apart and needs an expensive rebuild.
    Hard to say which way it's going to go.
    I think that is correct, he'll sell for 2 to 2.6 billion and the new owners wouldn't owe him the big debt.

Gabs estimation seems to undervalue his worth a lot. Less than 10% of his net worth.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    How many more oil-rich states are there in the middle East, who don't already own a football club?
    Kuwait, Iran, Iraq (!)..

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    By the way, this policy of freezing out assets of private citizens as a punishment to their government is so foolish it may completely rip apart the global economy. The virtue signalling of incompetent leaders like Biden, the EU and Johnson serves only their own temporary sense of importance.

The Chinese will now see that any assets they have in Western countries could be instantly frozen should some fool think it suits a purpose and will think twice about maintaining their investment here.

On the reverse, pension companies in the West are now facing having their investments in Russia stripped, and the knock on effects are hard to measure.

This is actually lawlessness - governments should not seize private assets without due process. It took 40 years for the US government to admit that its disgraceful treatment of Japanese citizens in American during WWII was unacceptable.
    Not just China. All the brics and more.

China and India aren't exactly cosey neighbours, but they'll each see eu/nato as a bigger threat to eachs sovereignty.

Swift banking and fdi into Western nations are just two more potential liabilities. I expect a mirrored swift system shortly.

Same with inflation and cost of living increases. Great for the green new deal. Terrible for working class peoples, cost of running car and heating a home.
    But as the wef, bloomberg and others have said, we'll increase taxes to take disposable income off the plebs.

Over here oil is now nearly doubled in the very recent past.
    635 euro for 500 litres of oil. Used to be 300-400 euro. Expecting my electricity bill to have doubled within a year too. What was 80, is now over 120+
    They hyper inflation has only just begun with other essentials.

China on its path to build 150 nuclear reactors over the next 20-25 years in part down to environmental concerns, other part down to anticipated oil/energy squeezes from nato/eu.

China was set on military expansion, that will have been accelerated by recent evens. It was better to leave Russia as the arms to China's economy. Much more stability that way.

Yes all our leaders seem able to talk about is global warming and gender pronouns. Biden has fucked his own energy sector to appease his base but has no strategy to deal with the inflation. This is supply chain inflation as well, not fiscal policy, which means the central banks are powerless. Not that they realise - they were advising against companies increasing wages, clinging to the old belief that inflation is caused by income rises.

This inflation is due to people not believing they will get hold of goods tomorrow. And Germany is about to find out how much shutting off Russian gas affects their industry and standard of living.

A lot of this New World Order strategy uses global warming as its justification. And the way Ukraine has been used to try and break the only resistance - China and Russia - is behind the problems Putin is addressing.

So its a massive, complex disaster. And all the propaganda says is 'Putin is a psychopath'.

If Roman ended up having a fire sale of Chelsea players. which ones would any one find interesting?? Though Mount missed some chances against us (thankfully) i rate him. I rate Kovačić as well... Pulisic is a good forward. But i think hes one of them players that will never quite have a great season or 3.. Just here and there.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    If Roman ended up having a fire sale of Chelsea players. which ones would any one find interesting?? Though Mount missed some chances against us (thankfully) i rate him. I rate Kovačić as well... Pulisic is a good forward. But i think hes one of them players that will never quite have a great season or 3.. Just here and there.
    Kovacic is the only one I'd take. He'd be a perfect Gini replacement / upgrade.

How old is Kante?
    What about Rudiger?

Havertz all day long, perfect Bobby replacement/upgrade
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”