Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 54548495051525354555657585960616265 ... LastLast

Thread: Reason No. 398,285 why it's not good to have your club owned by a Petro-Oligarch

As I pointed out earlier, abortion is seen as a human right by the intelligentsia of the West, which includes the media, all the political institutions and universities and pressure groups.

What you or I think about that is irrelevant.

If we stand against abortion, we are animals and oppressors like Donald Trump. Those are the rules.

Again, I am not arguing with you about how you think the world should be, nor am I arguing with you about how I think the world should be. I am arguing about how the world is.

Here’s the definition;

Sportswashing is a term used to describe the practice of individuals, groups, corporations, or governments USING SPORTS to improve reputations tarnished by wrongdoing. Sportswashing can be accomplished through hosting sporting events, purchasing or sponsoring sporting teams, or participating in a sport.

USING SPORTS

The Rotherham police force, the Queen, Donald Trump, Victoria Nuland - they aren’t USING SPORTS to improve their reputation or the reputation of their country.

There are reasons why Qatar needs to improve its reputation. If you don’t agree with them, that’s your problem. You don’t make up the rules, neither do I. I’m not arguing with you about your or my preferences because THEY ARE IRRELEVANT.

You present my supposed two point contradiction again, this time is language so cryptic I cannot understand the meaning of the sentences, never mind recognise my own views. But I’ve already pointed out they cannot be contradictory if they are both statements of fact, describing the world as it is. If you admit that that’s what those statements are, which they are, you have to show why it is logically possible for them to represent a self-contradiction. You haven’t done that, you’ve just doubled down on your original mistake.

As for the one comparative example I did succumb to - that migration to USA reveals the comparative human rights situation - here’s you again;

“This was rebutted and you didn't return to it. I said it's more about economics and those hosts with eugenic and economic interests over civic and social ones.”

I don’t agree it’s more about economics. But even if it was that wouldn’t change the argument.

People could still improve their economic status if they were welcomed into other countries such as China. But they don’t do that, one because they are not welcome there and two because they will be treated very badly when they arrive. The economics comes second.

So I disagree with you and Steveo on this - I do think migration patterns reflect human rights standards. Most honest people will admit this, even if they don’t like what Victoria Nuland gets up to.

Saudis Arabia has the 3rd highest immigrant (people born outside the country) population on earth. And along with the UAE vastly higher percentages relative to its own population than the US does.

They must be flocking there for those wonderful human rights

https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...ion-by-country

Oh - and China has more hands than it needs. Unlike the US it does not need an influx of cheap Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    As for the one comparative example I did succumb to - that migration to USA reveals the comparative human rights situation - here’s you again;

“This was rebutted and you didn't return to it. I said it's more about economics and those hosts with eugenic and economic interests over civic and social ones.”

I don’t agree it’s more about economics. But even if it was that wouldn’t change the argument.

People could still improve their economic status if they were welcomed into other countries such as China. But they don’t do that, one because they are not welcome there and two because they will be treated very badly when they arrive. The economics comes second.

So I disagree with you and Steveo on this - I do think migration patterns reflect human rights standards. Most honest people will admit this, even if they don’t like what Victoria Nuland gets up to.
    You could comment on whether the Monarchys shut up money was the correct payment by decent standards setters for their rape victims.

As such were it applied to the Rotherham etc girls, it would cost the state 1.2 trillion pounds.
    Perhaps there's a good reason the focus is on other nations girls.

https://harvardlawreview.org/2021/06/abortion-as-an-instrument-of-eugenics/

Here's some harvard law review, it appears you are rather desperate to prop up the moral authority of twitter dorks and the media class - who have the lowest public trust rating. Its a peculiar authority to defer to.

Where once appeals to universal morality were made its now their 'universal' morality.
    Interesting tact harping on about my confusion as you retreat away.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Saudis Arabia has the 3rd highest immigrant (people born outside the country) population on earth. And along with the UAE vastly higher percentages relative to its own population than the US does.

Oh - and China has more hands than it needs. Unlike the US it does not need an influx of cheap Labour.
    150,000 euro salary and free board to homeschool a Saudi families kids on offer to Irish teachers.

For Latvians over here a few years back, you could expect to earn in a day, 50 times the monthly child allowance payment in Latvia.
    €150 (50*€3) a day labouring.

For an Irish person to find similar...
    50*150= €7,500 a day
    2 million euro a year: to carry blocks and labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Dubai is virtually entirely expatriate - The first truly international city. But that's mainly wealthy foreigners isn't it. I wonder if all the slaves are included in the stats on your website.. not sure about asylum - they aren't too keen on taking in Palestinians for some reason , and non-muslim asylum is a different matter altogether

and people generally don't apply for citizenship. They are expats, not immigrants. You are not comparing eggs with eggs
    Last edited by Taksin; 22nd November 2022 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Here's some harvard law review, it appears you are rather desperate to prop up the moral authority of twitter dorks and the media class - who have the lowest public trust rating. Its a peculiar authority to defer to.
    Not sure how to get this into your thick head - apologies in advance for the insult - but I don't support them, endorse them or prop them up. I've made that clear a thousand times. They have the power, not me.

The Queen does not have a reputation to improve. Her reputation could not be higher, here or abroad. Maybe you think she could do with buying a Saudi football club and buying loads of top Spanish footballers in their mid thirties in order to improve her status in the Arab world, but the thought never entered her head, nor anyone elses head, including your own.

I've spent a lot of time in China, I've lived and worked in Arabic countries as well as some Asian and African countries. I know how Phillipinos and poor immigrants get treated over there - and you don't want to know how Tamil Nadu people are treated on the peninsula. Things are very different over there. There are some ethics in all those countries that I prefer to ours and I wish we had, but that doesn't change the basic human rights enjoyed by people in the Judaeo-Christian countries are more established and the source of our Universal view of human rights. That viewpoint is not shared elsewhere.

Anyway, none of these thoughts and preferences change the fact that sports washing exists, it works the way everyone knows it works, and it doesn't matter if you two find it hypocritical. I actually think its got out of hand as our own civilisation is imploding. I've said I don't think all this fuss in Qatar is right - I think the footballers are hypocrites for virtue signalling while playing there. They are now guests and should be polite, in my opinion. But no one is listening to me, just like they aren't listening to you.
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Dubai is virtually entirely expatriate - The first truly international city. But that's mainly wealthy foreigners isn't it. I wonder if all the slaves are included in the stats on your website.. not sure about asylum - they aren't too keen on taking in Palestinians for some reason , and non-muslim asylum is a different matter altogether

and people generally don't apply for citizenship. They are expats, not immigrants. You are not comparing eggs with eggs
    Dubai is just one of the 7 emirates that make up a nation, not sure why Anyone would use it on its own. What’s the expat percentage in Las Vegas? Who knows? Who cares? I mentioned the UAE as a whole - which has roughly as many immigrants as natives. You say - expats - as though there is a difference - but all immigrants are expats by definition, even the non white variety.

Saudi Arabia has 13.5 million - who were not born in Saudi Arabia. 1/3rd of its population of 34 million.

UAE has has the highest rate of all. 9 million immigrants in a nation of 9 million people. These are not expats - in the quasi-racist sense either…not according to the statistics at least.

And IF we are claiming expats are not immigrants then you can wipe more than 1/4 off the numbers from the US as there is an absolutely enormous number of Mexican migrant workers beefing up the stats. Many of whom have little intention to stay for life.

Statistically - the US has 1/6 th of its population - However we choose to describe them - born overseas. Saudi Arabia has more than 1/3rd. UAE has a mind boggling 1/1 ratio….

Immigration it seems is not defined by perceived human rights. It is overwhelmingly driven by economics.

It is a pretty clear pattern globally. Just like it happen domestically in some nation. Neapolitans in Southern Italy flock north for jobs and more safety (from organised crime) so too do millions of Mexicans back into what once was their homeland. They aren’t looking for better human rights - just a better payed job and a slightly less dangerous existence.

Not sure how to get this into your thick head - apologies in advance for the insult - but I don't support them, endorse them or prop them up. I've made that clear a thousand times. They have the power, not me.

The Queen does not have a reputation to improve. Her reputation could not be higher, here or abroad. Maybe you think she could do with buying a Saudi football club and buying loads of top Spanish footballers in their mid thirties in order to improve her status in the Arab world, but the thought never entered her head, nor anyone elses head, including your own.
    I refer you to the definition. Your move from morality regarding reputations, to hegemonic power has little to do with the term.

The image of the Queen, Monarchy and Britain in general are entire industries. Its why Assange rots in belmarsh.

I will assume you endorse her contributing to the shut up fund regarding her family members rape victim. Seems she has no failings in your appraisals.
    I'll also assume you would accept her standards to be supreme, and the Rotherham etc girls should get 12 million also.
    Meaning a 1.2 trillion fund should be set aside for them.

You seemed pretty happy referring to universal morality before being asked to demonstrate your call to fight. Thereafter it was a deferring to new power blocks, and their 'universal' morality.
    All I'm doing is reminding you, you switched when put under the slightest of pressures to meet a burden of proof and demonstrate. It was universal morality, then it was their 'universal'morality.

It would seem the Qatari's don't give two folks either. They're quite happy within their own skin similarly. As said the biggest benefit for them will be with their own people.
    Same way the Queen, western intelligentsia and Euro-football groups are apparently quite happy with sex trafficked slaves serving Germanys thirsty punters etc etc