Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1353565758596061626364656667686970 LastLast

Thread: Reason No. 398,285 why it's not good to have your club owned by a Petro-Oligarch

Prat Neville was banging on about he thinks owners who are loaded should be able to spend as much as they want on their club, or we wouldn't have another jack Walker, or course we all know he is spouting this opinion because he thinks the filthy are getting a Sheik owner will billions

There is a chasm of difference between Jack Walker buying a few key players and City buying an entire squad and buying 100m players they barely play for 2 season while they bed them in

And Mr Football Pyramid protect my own job our beloved football pyramid when it came down to ESL then doesn't give a fuck about that or fans who have to pay increased prices for merch and to see games if he wants clubs like City and the filthy to be able to spend as much as they want driving those prices up

Fucking typical thick as fuck self serving manc twat
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

That's the difference between their fanbase (Neville included) and most of ours.

If we were bodybuilding, the Mancs would want to use the same PEDs as their rivals. If we were bodybuilding, most of us would want to remain drug-free and to expel those whose piss was so spiked that it melted the tubes that collected it.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    I'd forgotten Mark Hughes was manager when the oil money flowed in. Where is he now? Eddie Howe take note...

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    I'd forgotten Mark Hughes was manager when the oil money flowed in. Where is he now? Eddie Howe take note...
    Worth a bet on Howe to be gone at some point next season when playing 2 games a week sees their form crash in the League Champions League or both

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Worth a bet on Howe to be gone at some point next season when playing 2 games a week sees their form crash in the League Champions League or both
    Then they come for Klopp...

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Then they come for Klopp...
    Hah never happen

I think down the line they will want a perceived elite manager, to entice certain kinds of players. Eddie Howe is nobody's definition of elite.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I think down the line they will want a perceived elite manager, to entice certain kinds of players. Eddie Howe is nobody's definition of elite.
    He's done a cracking job to be fair. They've spent a lot of money but are miles ahead of where they should be. They were probably 3 or 4 years away from CL.

He's a little bit of a twat and the time wasting that they employ is the worst in the league but he's given the Toon a massive leg up.

Certainly more so than Hughes gave City.

Still think Newcastle will struggle to attract the very elite just by virtue of their geography.