Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576061626364656667686970 LastLast

Thread: Reason No. 398,285 why it's not good to have your club owned by a Petro-Oligarch

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I don't see the point in whining about this, FFP not being enforced and new rules to close any and all loopholes is fair enough to whine about

We live in a country that's been absolutely ruined by making our public services and housing market being opened up to overseas investors to milk, that affects everyone who lives here, the low earners doing the essential jobs more than most, why does anyone expect sporting teams to be any different? It's the price we all pay for globilisation and embracing the American way and model and continually electing people implementing and further expanding it into other areas

100% correct 19. That is precisely what has led us here.

Jack the lad 😂

https://twitter.com/ufcfooty/status/1668576561367318528

Mein Gott, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Jack the lad 😂

https://twitter.com/ufcfooty/status/1668576561367318528

Mein Gott, etc....
    He's that typical English twat you see on holiday. All mouth until someone empties him !!

Jack Grealish has been charged in the past for "careless driving" whilst "smelling of liquor" - I have zero tolerance for that type of shit.

Dan Roan at BBC sport questioning Man City's domination:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65902861

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Dan Roan at BBC sport questioning Man City's domination:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65902861
    Just scanning through it , and the club was bought for £200 million in 2008 and is now worth about £4 billion. Whatever they've done they are fucking good at it !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Just scanning through it , and the club was bought for £200 million in 2008 and is now worth about £4 billion. Whatever they've done they are fucking good at it !!
    Tightwads FSG bought LFC for 300mill in 2010 and now are reportedly worth around 4 billion.
    ......Really not much different from City !!! no matter what is posted on the forum.
    ......Our owners are obviously just as good as Cities owners at what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Yeah, but how much have the owners pumped onto it? Billions probably with all the under-the-counter deals and "sponsorship".
    Compare that to how much FSG tight-wad cigar-sucking wrinkle-dick McDuck and his cronies have NOT pumped into our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    ..."maybe" Roman eats his babies too Sid. .

I think it's actually good to see the real underlying belief systems at play here. Clearly I am in the minority. Most of you see no harm from the US invasion on our league. Happy in the knowledge that more than half of all our clubs are fully or part owned by investors seeking a return from a nation where this sport doesn't even rank in the top 4! It seems the bulk of you only see the harm in the modern game stemming from the gulf and a certain former owner of Chelsea FC...

I would ask this though and it's not aimed at anyone in particular... ...Maybe if we can take our cloth-head fearing, Ruskie loathing, Anglo/US centric jingoistic hats off for one second and ask ourselves.. What IF United were winning at the rate City have been..? What if they were doing the same now as they were under Fergy? With the mahusive spend and salaries they have put down this last 10 years.. What would people be saying about them and the ownership model they possess?

We all know PSG warped the game with £200 million for Neymar.. Sickening... BUT who benefitted the most? Surely it was us? For that is the only way we sell Coutinho for £142 million and afford Klopp the means to capture the key players needed.. Perhaps we should be careful what we wish for..?

United have spent and spent and kept spending - the fact that they have been chasing the legacy of Fergy allied to the employ of some questionable managers (unable to escape his shadow) - the likely reason it has come to so little. Why is their spending seen as so much more benign? City have done a far better job on that front and have become supremely successful after finally landing their main man - Pep. As for what is allowed and what should not be - well personally - I loathe City and and the entire Petrodollar charade... but Saudi Arabia only buy Newcastle and UAE only own City -- ditto Qatar PSG, because of the hegemonic system rooted in the US dollar. A system that DIRECTLY enriched each and every US owner operating inside the Premier league!... Any legal framework is clearly 100% political (see Roman) and a total sham - the bodies involved obviously under the auspices of the global hegemon.

Only one club has spent more than £1 Billion net in this last decade - United. and Chelsea Under Boehly have just spend half of that in 6 months..

But to call it....what it is - is to be labelled anti American.. In here at least. Good luck people
    Hi Steveo - slow to get back to you - not getting to the PC a lot and I find responding to multiple bits with quotes etc very fidgety via Mobile. Will pick up a couple of the lighter points as I find "World Affairs" such an utterly bleak topic as the problems are so big and I'm very much a "do what I can locally" sort of person as I actually feel some degree of agency/control there.

Regarding Man United and their spending, I'd be unhappy about it, though their spending over the years has been within the rules so far as I recall, so it would be more of a discontented grumbling than a "get these guys out of the League" - I think it's wrong that clubs can just mount up more and more debt to pay for transfers, but that's going to be influenced by my own personal biases. I hate waste, I like sustainability and when it comes to meritocracy, they eventually earned the right to have their big sponsorships via winning things, versus Man City artificially inflating theirs through companies that don't exist. The company 8Xbet was particularly suspicious, if anyone remembers that.

The Coutinho sale and being careful what you wish for - honestly, I believe that sale was (in the long-term) to our detriment. It was great to get a financial windfall, but not at the cost of the long-term inflated prices within the market. We can't change history but the insanity that came in that time around/beyond the Neymar deal has been bad for the game, for me.

I'm personally wary to use net spend as a unit of measurement where Man City are concerned. If I sold a Ferrari it would reflect very well on my accounts, even though I stole it. Man City elevated themselves to an artificial position in the footballing pyramid by financial doping. I can't applaud them managing to sell players they should never have had to begin with.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Nothing to see here ,
    Just seen a picture on social media that Saudi Arabia have invested billions into clearlake capital who are the main shareholders of Chelsea. And at the minute Chelsea are selling their deadwood for inflated prices to teams yeah you've guest it, Saudi Arabia.