Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1959626364656667686970 LastLast

Thread: Reason No. 398,285 why it's not good to have your club owned by a Petro-Oligarch

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Nothing to see here ,
    Just seen a picture on social media that Saudi Arabia have invested billions into clearlake capital who are the main shareholders of Chelsea. And at the minute Chelsea are selling their deadwood for inflated prices to teams yeah you've guest it, Saudi Arabia.
    No conflict of interest there then....

UN rights experts denounce planned Saudi executions of megacity opponents

Three members of Huwaitat tribe face execution, reportedly for opposition to Neom project

UN rights experts have denounced the pending execution of three members of a Saudi tribe, reportedly in connection with their opposition to a planned Red Sea megacity.

Three members of the Huwaitat tribe, which inhabits the desert area in north-western Saudi Arabia where the crown prince Mohammed bin Salman’s $500bn (£400bn) futuristic megacity is under construction, face the “imminent risk of execution”, more than a dozen independent experts warned.

“Despite being charged with terrorism, they were reportedly arrested for resisting forced evictions in the name of the Neom project and the construction of a 170km linear city called The Line,” they said in a statement.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/may/03/un-rights-experts-denounce-planned-saudi-executions

Not too long ago a woman was imprisoned in relation to this project. Her crime? To critique it on Twitter.

Come on dude. What crime did Assange commit..? Please.. And his plight isn't the subject of conjecture.. It's very real and present and absolutely disgusting. I realise you had probably forgotten about him as his story has been effectively shut down by the press over here.

In this instance you are quoting a Guardian article citing 'UN rights experts ' Who are these so called experts?

'The experts, who are appointed by the UN Human Rights Council but do not speak on behalf of the UN

So who are they...? So we can take them at their word..???

The UN is a puppet and a sham organisation. Just watch this clip highlighting just how blatant it is..

Just so we are clear - I loathe the way Saudi conduct themselves - a place I would never set foot in personally. I am simply trying to highlight the fact that it is easy to keep having a pop at the same old villains. What about the biggest one of all?

The one which is represented by owners of more than half of all Premier league clubs and counting. The one that has been a very close partner and ally to Saudi itself.
    Last edited by Steveo; 4th July 2023 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I am simply trying to highlight the fact that it is easy to keep having a pop at the same old villains.
    It certainly is - it's a pattern I have noticed in here for a number of years in about 60% of threads and probably closer to 90% when the transfer window is open or Liverpool dare to lose a game and it would be nice if it eased off a bit

Boom boom!!!!

Sincerely though, one of the big "differences" so-to-speak for me with the Saudi situation versus the States is the likes of Yasir Al-Rumayyan - Newcastle chairman but also allegedly a sitting Minister in the Saudi Government - that is a huge conflict of interests, before we get to all the rest. In the same way I would have concerns if we were owned by Trump while he sat in Government - though that is thankfully not our current set of circumstances.

Won't go fifteen rounds with you on the subject, largely as I simply don't have the very apparent depth of knowledge you do about World History and International politics, combined with how exhausting I find it to try to sway anyone with an entrenched position.

There's a lot for me not to like about what's going on with the Saudis/PIF, whether it's what they are doing to Sport in general at an alarming rate and with financial might that nobody can compete with, or the humans rights abuses, or the vast selling of Oil supplies to further fuck the World's climate and so on and so forth.

If you wish to set up a thread to critique American owners, America in general etc then please feel free to do so - free country, relatively speaking - and a source of info for those wishing to immerse themselves more deeply on the subject. In the time being, I will continue to critique Sports-washing in this thread.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Sid mate...on this topic you'd struggle to go half a round nevermind 15..

It would be a good idea to have even a basic understanding of what underpins all of this.

You keep railing against, Saudi, Qatar and UAE - and that's fine - it sucks and it ISN'T fair at all but at no point do you ever want to discuss WHY it is allowed to happen...

And trying to divorce our owners in particular or even the Glazers from their government and further separating them from what you call 'connected to the regime' players from Saudi/Qatar/UAE is missing the point.

What do you honestly suppose allows a frigging Soybean farmer to own a club like Liverpool FC. To amass such unbridled wealth and such favour from other elites? You seem unable to comprehend...or perhaps unwilling to accept the reality.

It's simple.

It's called the Petrodollar. It's what drives all of this ... This is just the tip of the iceberg and doesn't even go into the military industrial complex - but it's a start.

And THIS is precisely the thread for this to be highlighted. This is the Petrodollar Thread. There is no such thing as a Petro-Oligarch certainly not at this time and not without the petrodollar as the weapon of choice.. The term was most likely a deliberate attempt to de-couple the US from the debate. Sadly that cannot be.
    Last edited by Steveo; 4th July 2023 at 09:07 PM.

Farkin Chemtrails and Unicorn horn potency pills.

Every single one of them everywhere is a caunt! and no matter which side of the fence we fall we have simply fallen for some caunts propaganda.

Everystein.

Singleberg.

Timowitcz.

PIF owned brand sponsors PIF owned club.

Yuck.

"EXCLUSIVE: The Premier League is set to approve Newcastle's new £25m-a-year shirt sponsorship deal with PIF-owned company Sela.

It represents a 257% increase on the club's previous agreement with Fun88."

https://twitter.com/iPaperSport/status/1676512227233243136?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    PIF owned brand sponsors PIF owned club.

Yuck.

"EXCLUSIVE: The Premier League is set to approve Newcastle's new £25m-a-year shirt sponsorship deal with PIF-owned company Sela.

It represents a 257% increase on the club's previous agreement with Fun88."

https://twitter.com/iPaperSport/status/1676512227233243136?s=20
    They are up £15 mill on a shirt sponsorship with champions league football guaranteed for the coming season. Seems somewhat reasonable given the market.
    We're likely down multiples of that from our failure to qualify for the coming seasons CL campaign. Following the fiasco last summer which has essentially given newcastle our spot.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    They are up £15 mill on a shirt sponsorship with champions league football guaranteed for the coming season. Seems somewhat reasonable given the market.
    We're likely down multiples of that from our failure to qualify for the coming seasons CL campaign. Following the fiasco last summer which has essentially given newcastle our spot.
    The figure doesn't annoy me - they're a Champion's League side now.

They're essentially sponsoring themselves - that's my gripe.