Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Norwich (FA Cup)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Glad it’s a cup game rather than a league game.
    Same. Tough enough game after that final.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Get in!!!!! Kelleheeeeer!!!!!!!!

........................Kelleher

Bradley.....Gomez.....Konate....Tsimikas

.......................Morton

...............Ox.............Jones

.......Gordon.........Origi.........Minamino

The League and Champion's League are priority. I want us to have "enough" to get past Norwich but ideally using as few of our regular 11-16 as humanly possible - stacked bench in case we need to change it with 30 minutes left.

Hahahahahhahahahsha!!!!!!!!
    Think that'll be pretty close. Maybe Ali starts

....................Gk
    Bradley Konate Gomez Tsimi
    ........Ox Milner Jones
    ........Taki Origi Jota

Be interesting to see what Klopp does at right back. Only seen him play a little but Bradley looked a more natural replacement for Trent than the more established Neco.

Jota should get some minutes under his belt, looked off the pace yesterday. Need him up to speed for Inter.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Jota should get some minutes under his belt, looked off the pace yesterday. Need him up to speed for Inter.
    I wouldn't have thought Jota will be risked from the start the way the rotation has been going, probably come on for half an hour, then start v West Ham, the Quadruple's still on, the squad is strong enough to play a strong enough side for Premier League opposition, we've rested a few and rotated pretty well in the last few games, the main issue is CB, giving Virgil and Matip a rest would be ideal, but we stupidly loaned our BOTH Neco and Phillips in January, I don't trust Gomez at CB I don't think Bradley's ready to face Premier League opposition
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I don't trust Gomez at CB I don't think Bradley's ready to face Premier League opposition
    Norwich have Watford at the weekend. That's realistically one of the only matches they'll look at and think they've a genuine chance of getting points in and if they got all 3 they'd actually not be at all far off 17th spot.

They may not go full-strength against us and treat it as a "free hit" as they'll realistically know they aren't winning the Cup. We'll be at Anfield. Unless we literally play 11 kids we should have enough.

Bradley played at Norwich early in the season cup game I have no reason to think he cant play tomorrow.

Gomez could play RB with Rhy Williams at CB but not sure id go for that.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Bradley played at Norwich early in the season cup game I have no reason to think he cant play tomorrow.

Gomez could play RB with Rhy Williams at CB but not sure id go for that.
    Yep, shouldn't have let Phillips and Neco go out on loan, I'd be happier with Bradley at RB I guess, it's only 2 games after this fixture to be in another Cup final

Alisson

Bradley Gomez Konate Tsimikas

Elliott Henderson Milner

Oxlade Origi Diaz

With a very strong bench

I absolutely do expect a very strong team and bench and our lads to administer a thorough, hard, deep and penetrating bumming, get the win and book their place in the FA Cup quarter finals

I've included Alisson, as although the FA Cup is Kelleher's competition, Jurgen might think having not played on Sunday, it will be good for Alisson to play this game ahead of the weekend
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Just realised we will play in 4 different competitions in 10 days… that some sort of record?

EFL Final Sunday 27/02
    Liverpool v Chelsea

FA Cup Wednesday 02/03
    Liverpool v Norwich

Premier League Saturday 05/03
    Liverpool v West Ham

Champions League Tuesday 08/03
    Liverpool v Inter Milan

Newcastle will potentially have to play 4-in-10 soon, which could end up being 5-in-15 so I don't know about it being a record - certainly isn't ideal.

I think the secret is to keep winning, as winning definitely reinvigorates the Spirit - not to mention suitable rotation.

I know nobody wants to lose the Norwich game (myself included) but I think you can probably see why I would field such a heavily rotated side against one of the weakest teams in the Division, given the other fixtures.

Take our eyes off the Ball against West Ham and our Title challenge finishes. Foolish enough to underestimate Inter on a day where they bring their very best? Out of Europe.

Norwich represent the weakest opposition in what is (subjective, I know) the least important of our 3 remaining trophy possibilities. That's the time for the fringe/Youth lads. Have enough quality out there to be level (or better) at 60 minutes and bring on the Cavalry if needed for the last 30 - need as many as possible to be as fresh/fit as we can for the challenges to come.

Four different competitions was the point Sid not just the four games in ten days.