Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Relegation Battle.

The Relegation Battle.

Every season, as much as we are invested in the affairs of our own side, it's always intriguing to cast a glance at what's going on in other parts of the Table - who will finish Top Four, which side is the surprise package of the season, who might be promoted from the Championship, transfers and age profiles of other sides who are on their way up (or needing a complete overhaul) and so on.

But the biggest nail-biter (for those involved) is the relegation battle and with 11 games to go (for some teams, not all) it's looking a little scary right now.

4 wins in 5 mean that Newcastle look like they will be absolutely fine (a shame really!) but for the sides below them, nobody can claim they're safe.

Leeds and Brentford are in freefall, Norwich and Watford looked nailed on for much of the season, Burnley don't have the points (but do have games in hand!) whilst Everton, who occasionally flirt with the lower end of the Table, look in more trouble than previous years.

Felt now was a good time to chat about the base of the table as Norwich have a massive upcoming game with Watford - a loss would finish Norwich off (albeit not mathematically) while a win would see them within touching distance of an unlikely escape.

For Burnley, a point against Leicester would actually see them go above Everton on Goal Difference, which would push Everton down into 18th. Everton's fixture list doesn't look at all kind, but they'll take huge confidence from the recent performance against Man City.

Can Leeds and Brentford arrest the slide?
    Can Norwich pull off the miraculous?
    Could Everton finally go down?
    Is there a man on this Planet that gives Watford a chance?

So much at stake down there. It would be pretty dreamy to see both Burnley and Everton go down but I think that's a long shot.

Who stays up? Who goes down?
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Norwich have pretty much gone. I still think Burnley will go. They have an head up stean at the moment.. But even a poor 5/6 game period and its bye bye brutes. No idea who the 3rd team will be..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

(will edit from PC later but it's Brentford that Norwich play - not Watford)

Think burnley will stay up sadly, doing a lot better lately and ironically that lad upfront is alot better than Chris wood who's shit and he was double the price!

They have yet to play brentford and norwich too

Think brentford may be doomed, leeds might survive with new manager.

Lets not forget burnley have 2 and 3 games on Leeds and brentford, still to play same as Everton.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I was hoping that Burnley and Newcastle would go down. Doesn't look possible now for both of them.

As long as it's the bitters who get relegated I'm happy, otherwise I'm not bothered at all
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    As long as it's the bitters who get relegated I'm happy, otherwise I'm not bothered at all
    This. Always and forever this...

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I was hoping that Burnley and Newcastle would go down. Doesn't look possible now for both of them.
    Burnley lost today!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Burnley lost today!
    They have some tough games coming up to in the run in

Also norwich watford AND brentford

Key games !!!!!

I'm hoping it stays this interesting until the end, same with us and first it looked very boring and nailed on 1st 2nd and 3rd before, not so much now
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10591917/Everton-risk-Premier-League-points-DEDUCTION-breaking-profit-sustainability-rules.html

If the bitters are found guilty they in massive problems
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    EXCLUSIVE: Everton risk a Premier League points DEDUCTION as they teeter on the brink of breaking profit and sustainability rules after recording combined losses of over £260m between 2017 and 2020 - £155m more than is allowed over a three-year period
    Everton are yet to publish their accounts for the 2020-21 Premier League season
    It is anticipated that the accounts will include another loss in excess or £100m
    A deadline of later this month has been made for all Premier League clubs to submit up-to-date accounts
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century