Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Arsenal v Liverpool

At least hendo looked visibly excited when we scored

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Manes movement impacting on White does little in getting the ball to Jota. Which Thiago provided. Mane & White are never in the pathway from Thiago to Jota.
    Jota has found the space getting in behind his man (not white), Thiago provides the pass and white is delayed a fraction in getting across to Jota who smashes it in past Ramsdale.
    In an argument about crucial impacts you're trying to give Mane more credit than the other 2 who create and finish the chance. Watch it from behind the goal.

Bobby was pivotal in the build up to the second, Robbos determination and attitude played a big part.
    Made 7 tackles/intercepts.
    They're the two who get the credit of big impacts for that one.
    Oh dear, you have a real problem if you look at the Jota goal and can't accept Mane deliberately moves white and that creates the gap for Jota, and look when Jota finishes how White is just and only just too far from him to block, because he was moved and drawn a little inside - It's undisputable - I'm not trying to give Mane more credit, I'm giving him due recognition, he is under-estimated in how astute he is with his movement, it was a regular feature of his link up with Robbo prior to him getting Covid that he would make runs to move players to create space
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

All you gotta say is 'fair enough, I was a bit hasty and rash in calling on Thiago. My fav. player is indeed Hendo and I'll do all I can to defend him'
    You gotta give it a rest, we all support the reds.
    It's okay to be wrong sometimes, and not all of us like the FF
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    And here we are again, not his finest game at all or anything like it, but, without Mane's movement to run in behind and stop, to move Ben White and open the channel for Jota, we don't score the first goal, it's as good as an assist, he created that channel of space for Jota to run through and Thiago to pass through
    Oh dear, you have a real problem if you look at the Jota goal and can't accept Mane deliberately moves white and that creates the gap for Jota, and look when Jota finishes how White is just and only just too far from him to block, because he was moved and drawn a little inside - It's undisputable - I'm not trying to give Mane more credit, I'm giving him due recognition, he is under-estimated in how astute he is with his movement, it was a regular feature of his link up with Robbo prior to him getting Covid that he would make runs to move players to create space
    The significant gap is between 2 arsenal lads in midfield.
    Who Thiago passes through that gap.
    Jota having freed himself from Cedric gets in that passing lane exploiting the gap between midfielders and receives the ball.
    This takes 3 men out of the play.
    So far nothing Mane has done is of consequence.
    Mane takes White a "little inside" and he comes over to Jota who fires before he can get to him.
    White is not taken out of the play.

The chance is created by Thiago.
    Jota doesn't pull his man with him, he loses Cedric whose a significant fault in the goal.
    At best white forces Jota to shoot a bit earlier.
    You've said Manes movement was as crucial as the assist. He doesn't create the passing channel, his little burst barely moves White and doesn't take him out of the play.

We don't score the second goal without Thiago touching the ball, or Salah.
    They didn't play a crucial part in the goal.
    Bobby instigates it, Robbo makes it, Bobby finishes it.

Apparently by your reckoning: assist, key passes, tackles, intercepts, headers, long balls, pass completion are meaningless stats.

Yet you prattle on about long balls being essential to mix up play.
    Thiago provides 4/4 long balls.
    Long balls are now meaningless.

Mane was brutal last night. Still should have scored. Could have scored. When Jota had his chance, he produced.

Quote Originally Posted by worldpanel View Post
    All you gotta say is 'fair enough, I was a bit hasty and rash in calling on Thiago. My fav. player is indeed Hendo and I'll do all I can to defend him'
    You gotta give it a rest, we all support the reds.
    It's okay to be wrong sometimes, and not all of us like the FF
    Excuse me? Read the thread, I made my comment on Thiago in the match thread for his horrendous backpass that nearly gifted them the opening goal, THAT, had absolutely FUCK ALL to do with Hendo

You want to have a word with CCTV, he is the poster, as per usual who at any criticism of any of our other midfielders, starts laying into Hendo, when he wasn't even a part of the debate, check the thread, he can't help himself the pr1ck, he needs to be told to perhaps discuss the issues raised about the player that is being talked about instead of attacking our captain and going on an absolutely pointless and meaningless stat fest every fucking time there is any criticism of one of our other midfielders, or rather one of his favourite one tissue one pass a season wonders

And when you buy a player of Thiago's specific abilities and he displays them so sparsely over 2 seasons WHEN he's actually fit, doesn't use his abilities to go direct early when it's on, or to play switches, has only notched up 2 assists and hardly ever looks like assisting and spends almost all of his time on the pitch slowing our play down, turning towards our goal and playing nothing 5-10 yard nothing fucking balls, 3 of them to opposition players, it is 100% justified and AGAIN it is absolutely FUCK ALL to do with Captain Fantastic

So maybe everyone can have a wrod and tell CCTV to stop making criticism of any other midfielder an excuse for him to try and bash our Captain, you've got this entirely the wrong way round Worldpanel - CCTV is the poster here attacking another player because someone criticised waste of money and 200k a week Thiago
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 18th March 2022 at 01:45 PM.

The significant gap is between 2 arsenal lads in midfield.
    Get a pair of fucking glasses, Mane moves White creating a significant gap between White and Cedric, known as a channel, as Mane's movement 'opening the channel' for Jota, the midfield aren't in a position to press or block, it is entirely about Mane opening the channel for Jota to make the run through 'running through the channel' and Thiago to play a 'ball through the channel'

Consider yourself educated on some of the very basics of the game that you get from watching the game rather than pouring over meaningless stats with a box of tissues

Get a pair of fucking glasses, Mane moves White creating a significant gap between White and Cedric, known as a channel, as Mane's movement 'opening the channel' for Jota, the midfield aren't in a position to press or block, it is entirely about Mane opening the channel for Jota to make the run through 'running through the channel' and Thiago to play a 'ball through the channel'

Consider yourself educated on some of the very basics of the game that you get from watching the game rather than pouring over meaningless stats with a box of tissues
    I don't need glasses. Pretty clear white is barely moved and doesn't need to be moved to open the channel up. Jota opens up the space and Thiago finds him. Whites the only one not taken out of the play from the 4 arsenal lads.

You've spent the season crying about Ginis absence. Fawning over peps city side. And declaring our league title over cause they are so much better than us.
    Now rolling around with the quadruple is on, without the slightest acknowledgement that you are a shattered shitter

And to repeat, that although Thiago is highest rated on whoscored for starts.

I'd have Fab and Hendo in my best 11 over Thiago.

My agenda against hendo has him as a pivotal player in our best 11, playing a 6/8 role.

I've said his notions of playing a 10 role hamper our teams effectiveness.

In our pl season, second to Virgil in pots. Ahead of many great players.

That seems pretty balanced imo.

Fantastic away support again. The wee lad at the end getting the ball is quality, as is Jota winding up Robbo.

I bet you can squeal like a pig!

I don't need glasses. Pretty clear white is barely moved and doesn't need to be moved to open the channel up. Jota opens up the space and Thiago finds him. Whites the only one not taken out of the play from the 4 arsenal lads.

You've spent the season crying about Ginis absence. Fawning over peps city side. And declaring our league title over cause they are so much better than us.
    Now rolling around with the quadruple is on, without the slightest acknowledgement that you are a shattered shitter
    If only someone had filmed the goal and then we could decide by watching it
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"