Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Nottingham Forest (FA Cup)

International break after this game, decent amount of rest as it's a Sunday game, no need to go too understrength for this in my opinion, Trent out with a hamstring injury Jurgen has revealed today, so need to get Gomez ready for RB action, not Millie for me as he's just too slow and that cost us in the game v City at Anfield, and although Trent not pulling up v Arsenal would suggest it's a minor tweak, we don't want to take any risks with any of our players, so Gomez might need to be ready for 3 or 4 games

Kelleher

Gomez Konate Van Dijk Tsimikas

Keita Henderson Thiago

Salah Jota Diaz

I expect our lads to administer a thorough, hard, deep penetrating bumming, get the win and book our place in the FA Cup semi final and another trip to Anfield South
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I really hope that the Williams loan is part of the deal to get the Portuguese lad here.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Just watching Jurgens press conference for the Forest game .Hes sat there drinking out of a cup with his image on it and the words the normal one great guy.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Trent’s done his hamstring so he’s out.

Bollix…

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Trent’s done his hamstring so he’s out.

Bollix…
    I'm hoping it's a minor tweak, it must have happened in the Arsenal game sprinting after bastard Martinelli, but he didn't pull up at any stage, so I'm hoping it is a minor tweak for that reason, and could be well healed in 2-3 weeks

International break after this game, decent amount of rest as it's a Sunday game, no need to go too understrength for this in my opinion, Trent out with a hamstring injury Jurgen has revealed today, so need to get Gomez ready for RB action, not Millie for me as he's just too slow and that cost us in the game v City at Anfield, and although Trent not pulling up v Arsenal would suggest it's a minor tweak, we don't want to take any risks with any of our players, so Gomez might need to be ready for 3 or 4 games

Reworked line up for me, Gomez is a more defensive RB so Elliott in at attacking RCM and Oxlade at RFWD as he does perform pretty well and get goals when used in the forward positions in games rather than the midfield slots where he's useless, Bobby through the centre, Diaz LFWD, really REALLY still every interested to see Bobby at No9 with the perpetual movement he used to get from Mane and Mo in place again with Dynamo Diaz - Rest for Mo, Mane and Jota, but all 3 on the bench just in case as all 3 have meaningful games in the international break

Edit: Late change, just read that in his press conference Jurgen said the FA Cup is for Alisson

Alisson

Gomez Konate Van Dijk Tsimikas

Elliott Henderson Keita

Oxlade Firmino Diaz

I expect our lads to administer a thorough, hard, deep penetrating bumming, get the win and book our place in the FA Cup semi final and another trip to Anfield South
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 18th March 2022 at 11:13 PM.

Oh Jurgen, please stop embarrassing yourself trying to tell people Gomez is a top CB, we need Bremer in the summer, Gomez is not, never has been and never will be a top CB, not ever, I get that he tries to instill confidence in all the players talking them up, but in the 19-20 season, not getting Matip fit for the Champions League when we absolutely needed two genuine and actual top class Cb's for the latter stages was as big a gaffe as bringing Fab back in when the team had been playing far better and playing differently without him and undoubtedly cost us a potential League and Champions League double that season

I absolutely love Jurgen tp bits, he's an incredible person and an incredible manager, but I will never in my life get what it is he sees or has ever seen in Gomez, I can see Fab has some redeeming qualities, but also that with a No6 also that he is by no means an ideal No6 in our system to compliment the rest of our players and we could do a lot better and did in his absence

“I can see Fab has some redeeming qualities…”

Sticking your neck out a bit there mate

Does anyone know what TV channel our game is on, please?

Just read that it's on ITV.