Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Nottingham Forest (FA Cup)

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Just read that it's on ITV.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    “I can see Fab has some redeeming qualities…”

Sticking your neck out a bit there mate
    You know me Miller
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Jürgen Klopp wants to field a team that is physically and mentally fresh in Sunday’s Emirates FA Cup quarter-final against Nottingham Forest
    That doesn't sound too encouraging, this Forest side have knocked out a few Premier League teams who have fielded very strong sides with a good understanding already, I hope we're not going to see unnecessary wholesale changes, especially as we have quite a number of players who even if selected for international duty rarely play. Forest have very good pace in their wing backs who are dangerous, so surely Gomez at RB and absolutely not Milner

No point taking unnecessary wholesale changes to put out a disjointed team at significant risk when we're only one win from a trip to Wembley South, he's probably peaking out because Trent picked up his injury and could potentially do a Guardiola, but Trent picked up his injury because he was having to sprint at absolutely full pelt, pushing himself to go quicker than he is with each one so many times because Martinelli is quicker than him and that was Arsenal's constant point of attack

If Jurgen wanted to avoid that injury, he should have brought Joe on at RB for Trent when we went 2-0 up, not exactly good when a player may be a little fatigued having them constantly having to strain every muscle, sinew and tendon chasing a faster player or matching their runs and movement all game

Maybe one to put in the notebook for future games against Arsenal, have another quick RB on the bench so neither have to spent an entire 90 minutes chasing Martinelli, Jurgen did make that sub a couple of times v City when our RB was playing against Sterling all game, for those reasons, I believe

Does anyone know when the semi-final draw is, please?
    Thanks for letting me know yesterday the game is on ITV btw.

Really hoping not see see a stupidly and unnecessarily understrength line up for this one, we've got loads of players who don't get selected for internationals or who don't play even if they are selected

If we win today our April schedule is mental. The Villa game will be rescheduled too.
    6 league games
    2 CL quarters
    FA cup semi and the first CL semi if we get there.
    WTF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Really hoping not see see a stupidly and unnecessarily understrength line up for this one, we've got loads of players who don't get selected for internationals or who don't play even if they are selected
    It would obviously never happen but I'd love to see us or even any other club refuse to release players for international games. Its the only way the league would do something about fixture pile up, it's surprising they all haven't colluded to do it before now.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    If we win today our April schedule is mental. The Villa game will be rescheduled too.
    6 league games
    2 CL quarters
    FA cup semi and the first CL semi if we get there.
    WTF!!!
    Good job we've finally and belatedly assembled such a strong squad

League games are more important to me..I hope we dont fall between 2 stools.. the league should be the priority
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century