Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Watford

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    What bad luck, who’d have seen that coming just as we enter the final stages of a very packed season.
    Naby's rated at 50% for Saturday according to Prem injury table, so maybe just a tweak
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Hes not trained for a while. since the fa-cup game i believe. so its not that great is it? Knee injury apparently
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Looks like we will be one short in midfield.. ie Keita injured. gawd knows how long
    Oh dear, what a surprise.

It's tough to predict the XI for this one at home to a team in the relegation zone with player's minutes to manage due to fatigue and injuries and the congested calendar ahead...

Alisson
    Gomez Matip Van Dijk Robertson
    Henderson Fabinho Thiago
    Salah Firmino Jota

Looks like we will be one short in midfield.. ie Keita injured. gawd knows how long
    Whilst it's not ideal, I'd have snatched your hand off to be in the position we are now. League Cup won, in the FA Cup, in the Champion's League, one point off top.

Salah - fit
    Mane - fit
    Firmino - fit
    Jota - fit
    Diaz - fit
    Minamino - fit
    Origi - fit
    Henderson - fit
    Fabinho - fit
    Thiago - fit
    Milner - fit
    Jones - fit
    Elliott - fit
    Ox - fit
    Van Dijk - fit
    Matip - fit
    Konate - fit
    Gomez - fit
    Robertson - fit
    Tsimikas - fit
    Alisson - fit
    Kelleher - fit
    Adrian - fit

Missing Keita and Trent isn't perfect of course, but my God, the list of available players ain't at all bad, so hopefully we can rotate sensibly (Matip and Konate especially) to keep as many available as possible.

23-out-of-25 should be enough until the other lads get back.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

We lose another midfielder ie Henderson or Fabinho for 4/6 weeks, we are fked..Thiago aint good enough and Ox/Jones are not centre midfielders. Other than that we are fine.

We lose another midfielder ie Henderson or Fabinho for 4/6 weeks, we are fked..
    They're certainly 2 of our most important just now.

Well-timed substitutions (some of which will carry an element of risk) and rotation will be vital going forward. April is where it's trickiest.

Sat 2nd Apr - Watford Home
    Tue 5th Apr - Benfica Away
    Sun 10th Apr - Man City Away
    Wed 13th Apr - Benfica Home
    Sat 16th Apr - Man City Neutral
    Tue 19th April - Man United Home
    Sun 24th Apr - Everton Home
    Wed 27 Apr - Bayern/Villareal if we qualify
    Sat 30th Apr - Newcastle Away

4 of those matches (Man City x 2, Man United, Everton) the opposition will be playing at Derby/Cup Final levels of intensity. Benfica represents our best chance to possibly take calculated risks (plus make use of the 5 subs rule) to ensure key players don't have to play the last 20 minutes multiple times in a row in huge games.

It's a mad April, absolutely mad. Has the potential to be an incredible month. So proud of the run we have managed to put together to bring Man City within touching distance, whatever happens going forward.

Best available line up v Watford with Keita missing and Trent only just back, shame as I really wanted to see the Thiago Henderson Keita midfield against a more defensive side

Alisson

Gomez Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Thiago

Salah Jota Diaz

I absolutely expect our lads to administer a thorough, hard, deep penetrating bumming, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

yet another important game.cant afford any slip ups at all now. Watford wil defend very deep. so a quick start is needed to keep them on their toes.

Swarm all over them, get 3-0 up, chill out and keep the ball and the clean sheet.