Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: International Break March/April 2022

Jota scores for Portugal

Wales win 2-1 against Austria, a superb brace for Gareth Bale.
    Portugal are through, 3-1.
    Italy are out! Lost 1-0 against Macedonia!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    The mighty Italy who Southgate couldn't beat like the lesser league also rans a lot of their side are with the Champions League and Premier League winners and Champions League last 8 regular players at his disposal, playing his Sam Allardyce style of play and opting to use the lesser experienced and able players in midfield and attack especially together with his Allardyce system less suited to his best players abilities
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It was a superb header from Jota for his goal, absolutely thumped it home, generating a lot of the power and with precision too

I saw some of the Wales match. Brilliant goals from Gareth Bale. I was quite impressed with Harry Wilson; not sure what they’ve been feeding him with at Fulham, but he’s certainly bulked out a lot. I would probably rather we had him than Curtis Jones to be honest. Neco also played well at a high level.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I was quite impressed with Harry Wilson; not sure what they’ve been feeding him with at Fulham, but he’s certainly bulked out a lot. I would probably rather we had him than Curtis Jones to be honest
    There are A LOT of players I suspect most of us would rather have than Curtis Jones to be fair, he needs a loan, he needed one this season, I guess we kept him around through our stingyness in not wanting to replace the top CM we let go, false economy in my view, as it only means we have to buy 2 CMs this summer and still send Jones on loan

He’s certainly a strange one. I watched him quite a lot playing for the academy teams, and he was at the centre of everything good. Drove forward with the ball at his feet a lot, wasn’t scared to take on a shot, showed good leadership. He looked nailed on to be successful in the first team. For whatever reason, that hasn’t been close to happening. I haven’t given up on him, but like you say a loan next season wouldn’t do him any harm.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Wales win 2-1 against Austria, a superb brace for Gareth Bale.
    Portugal are through, 3-1.
    Iirc you're Welsh Redeb.
    Best of luck in the final v Scotland/Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    As for Henderson, this season he has been very disappointing imo compared to his good self. Unlike your critique of his distribution, for me it's attitude and going away from what he does best.
    As I've dubbed him, playing like he's ZZ, he's hampered our ambitions somewhat by deviating from his best role, what he did in other seasons.
    Our very best performances this season have all come with Hendo at No6 3m42 you just never get that quality and never will from Fab

The lack of variation and mixing it up and constant lack of width on the left doesn't offer as many opportunities for Hendo to use the full range of his best passing, he also has less scope to use it stuck out on our right

What he has done consistently better than any of the other players used on our right is to still move the ball around and change the direction of our play and positions of our attacks and manipulates the space to enable Mo to be released inside or out and for Trent to arrive later in attacks in time and space and with Hendo and Mo having opened a channel for him to put a ball in through - We are noticably vastly superior in our press and counter press and intensity when Hendo's in the team, there's a massive drop off when he isn't and even in just 10-15 minutes towards the end of games if he's subbed

Hendo remains comfortably our best No6 and our best RCM, I prefer him at No6 and as a LCM or RCM controller, sitting more (while still pressing the shit out of everyone), looking to move our play and point of attacks to different areas intelligently as he does and using his quality medium to longer passing, but the movement and variations of it and width has to be there for him to do that, something Jurgen and the coaches have to work out
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 25th March 2022 at 09:26 AM.

Quality