Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jurgen to extend his current contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Just needs to be a red horse.

Dyou get a promotion in the big city

I think it could go on the back of the club tracksuit for away games

Pep and other background staff signed up too! How important is that?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    The best signing we have ever made during the PL era.

Love the guy not only is he a great manager he also has values that I share too.

Brilliant news.
    u think the timing of this was intended to put more pressure on pep and city? even if not, i reckon it will have. He'll have to stay there to at least May 2027 if he wants an easier run at the PL/CL meaning he may start to overthink the next few games. This is a piece of genius by FSG/Klopp as it boosts our squad and supporters even more when we need it most. I think Pep will throw the towel in when his contract is up, if not before. He can see we're strenthening the midfield now so he'll know we're more than capable of taking city on even if haaland and others come in.

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    u think the timing of this was intended to put more pressure on pep and city? even if not, i reckon it will have. He'll have to stay there to at least May 2027 if he wants an easier run at the PL/CL meaning he may start to overthink the next few games. This is a piece of genius by FSG/Klopp as it boosts our squad and supporters even more when we need it most. I think Pep will throw the towel in when his contract is up, if not before. He can see we're strenthening the midfield now so he'll know we're more than capable of taking city on even if haaland and others come in.
    You could be onto something there for sure. Even the slightest mental edge could prove huge.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Dyou get a promotion in the big city
    No no, spent most of my adult life trying to avoid Central London. Besides I was always in the west end. The City? Banking..? Yuck

Much happier out of it..but must admit.

‘We’ve only just begun….’

Trumps

‘Believe in better’

“There are other clubs out there who do it in a different way but here the culture is set up by the people - not by different owners, different coaches, different players. It's much nicer, I love it, that we are so close together. Here it is a must. If we are here, then we had better enjoy it... and that is very easy for me. If that is not us, then we have to adapt to that, not the other way around.”

Jurgen Klopp.

‘We’ve only just begun….’

Sung by the Kop to the Carpenters tune

“We’ve only just begun….

Wait till we sign Tchou May Neeeeeeeee

We’ll be winning it every year..

We’ve only just begun “

Many had assumed the Liverpool manager would walk away in 2024 after eight years at the helm of one of football’s biggest names, because of the insane demands of such a high profile job. Yet for Klopp, there is one overriding reason to stay: it’s not the money - “it was never necessary to negotiate that”, he explained; not even the glory, or the success he and his magnificent squad have delivered. It was always about the culture of Liverpool, which is set by history, for sure, but more importantly, by its fans.

So while the Reds are necessarily a global, money-spinning entity, they are still held to account by their fans. And because of his own personal morals and ethics, that is something Klopp buys into passionately. “The culture is set by the people and that is easy to love,” he suggested.

Many had assumed the Liverpool manager would walk away in 2024 after eight years at the helm of one of football’s biggest names, because of the insane demands of such a high profile job. Yet for Klopp, there is one overriding reason to stay: it’s not the money - “it was never necessary to negotiate that”, he explained; not even the glory, or the success he and his magnificent squad have delivered. It was always about the culture of Liverpool, which is set by history, for sure, but more importantly, by its fans.

So while the Reds are necessarily a global, money-spinning entity, they are still held to account by their fans. And because of his own personal morals and ethics, that is something Klopp buys into passionately. “The culture is set by the people and that is easy to love,” he suggested.
    That is exactly right.