Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Jurgen to extend his current contract?

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    u think the timing of this was intended to put more pressure on pep and city? even if not, i reckon it will have. He'll have to stay there to at least May 2027 if he wants an easier run at the PL/CL meaning he may start to overthink the next few games. This is a piece of genius by FSG/Klopp as it boosts our squad and supporters even more when we need it most. I think Pep will throw the towel in when his contract is up, if not before. He can see we're strenthening the midfield now so he'll know we're more than capable of taking city on even if haaland and others come in.
    I think Pep stays at City myself he wont have it as easy anywhere else and he knows it.

I hope he clears off as City dont get better than him, they will still be a very good side but do they get 95+ points a season im not sure they do

Jurgen, what a fucking geezer, SSN loop showing his effective stand up on backhanded compliments in yesterday's press conference

Great to see him in such incredibly fine form, he's been serious Jurgen a lot more of late, it was understandable he was so pissed after the Spurs game, it must get pretty tiresome when you're in a run in and whenever a side plays City, they decide they'll try and engage them in an ill advised game of football the like of which they haven't attempted all season and pertinently aren't good enough to attempt and ship a load of soft goals, then when we play them, it's low block fight for their lives
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It’s hard to argue against that, 19x. The dogged parking of the bus that goes on against us is so boring

Teams that play the parked bus never achieve anything in the long run. Once Tottenham come up against others that sit in. They will be forced too come out and leave space. otherwise it will be one hell of a boring game
    Last edited by justme; 10th May 2022 at 10:59 AM.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Correct Nineteen as Jurgen says when we play everyone wants to beat us and I get that we are a name/big scalp.

Not all fans are daft they know City are in reality a no mark club a drugged up Jack Walker Blackburn when these owners go which they might when their big brothers Newcastle take over it will be fun to watch them slide.

The downside is gloating thicko geordies

I don't think Newcastle will be allowed to do what City have done. Something will be in place sooner or later to prevent it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I don't think Newcastle will be allowed to do what City have done. Something will be in place sooner or later to prevent it I think.
    Mmmm im not so sure Tees.

Our Govt pushed this through the fat waster Bozo said "We had to let Saudi Arabia buy Newcastle as there would be consequences"

I took that as they will not fund the UK.

People with money ALWAYS find ways it is how it is.

I do hope that you are right as these are a serious threat moneywise they have something like 80% of the money in the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Mmmm im not so sure Tees.

Our Govt pushed this through the fat waster Bozo said "We had to let Saudi Arabia buy Newcastle as there would be consequences"

I took that as they will not fund the UK.

People with money ALWAYS find ways it is how it is.

I do hope that you are right as these are a serious threat moneywise they have something like 80% of the money in the PL.
    They have to look at the long term implications for the Premier league. If another club looks to be doing what City have been getting away with it will have a detrimental effect on fans of every other club, its wrong snd they know it is. Fans will switch off I think.
    Pressure has to come from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    They have to look at the long term implications for the Premier league.
    It is their beloved football pyramid they swore to be the guardians and protectors of in the ESL row they urgently need to consider the long term implications for, City's spending and the wages they pay doesn't just send a ripple right down the pyramid, it sends a tsunami, with all other clubs facing increasingly higher demands for wages and transfer fees as a consequentce, which many can't afford if they are playing by the rules - City are causing this issue by not
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”