Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Benfica (Champion's League, first leg)

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Still just gone 27 . There is a talent there somewhere.
    Hopefully in the Bundesliga with Dortmund next season as part of the deal to bring in Bellingham in the summer
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Hopefully in the Bundesliga with Dortmund next season as part of the deal to bring in Bellingham in the summer
    Don't think we see the departure of Keita OR the arrival of Bellingham this Summer quote honestly.

Can foresee Ox departing this Summer with Bellingham arriving next Summer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Don't think we see the departure of Keita OR the arrival of Bellingham this Summer quote honestly.
    honestly
    Is that what you were after?

Can foresee Ox departing this Summer with Bellingham arriving next Summer though.
    Preferably both in my opinion.
    His consistency is like his fitness. Inconsistent.
    I won't be shocked if both go. We can't keep hold of unreliable players, if we had brought in a good midfielder in the summer we might be looking at a very different league table. All hypothetical of course but I'd say it would have made a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Is that what you were after?
    Quite* honestly, not "quote honestly" - phone typo, my bad.

Razor sharp 19, razor sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Razor sharp 19, razor sharp.
    Too much Airplane and Top Secret in my youth Miller

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    if we had brought in a good midfielder in the summer we might be looking at a very different league table. All hypothetical of course but I'd say it would have made a difference.
    If we win 6 of our remaining 8 League matches we are on a 90-point finish. Win all 8 and it's 96.

That's with winning a League Cup, reaching (at least) the Champion's League quarters and (at least) the FA Cup semi-final. We're bloody good. I honestly don't know if it's easy to quantify how many more points we can realistically wring out of a season anymore via the transfer market.

We should of course always aim to improve (and we will) but I think we'll stick to steady turnover rather than drastically changing the DNA over the course of one Summer. Ox (pecking order, development plateau) and Milner (age, losing legs) to move on in the Summer and have a young/fit/healthy talent come in seems right.

Imagine Touchy Feely or Nkunku or whoever in this Summer (for Ox+Milner out) then Bellingham/alternative in next Summer while someone departs and Hendo gradually gets his minutes managed a little seems more like our way of doing things.

To potentially have Ox+Milner+Keita all depart at once just seems a touch drastic for me, especially as Keita has something to offer. Injury-prone players aren't a problem, it's when you have a lot of them that compounds the issue.

Ox is a liability in midfield now, his only use as a squad player now is as a forward, but we have 5 who are all better there than him

If officials could stop being biased and making decisions even Dermot (Refs association company man) Gallagher can't defend in any, way, shape or form to give City a 6 point swing they shouldn't have, we wouldn't need to win al 8 remaining league games and had City been chasing, they have likely dropped more points already as they did in 19-20, so we'd probably only have to win another 3 or 4

Broadcasters, pundits and commentators aren't doing nearly enough or putting nearly enough regular and relentless pressure on the ref association to clean up their act and to desist from their 'Anyone but Liverpool' 1990's Ferguson instilled bias

If we win 6 of our remaining 8 League matches we are on a 90-point finish. Win all 8 and it's 96.

That's with winning a League Cup, reaching (at least) the Champion's League quarters and (at least) the FA Cup semi-final. We're bloody good. I honestly don't know if it's easy to quantify how many more points we can realistically wring out of a season anymore via the transfer market.

We should of course always aim to improve (and we will) but I think we'll stick to steady turnover rather than drastically changing the DNA over the course of one Summer. Ox (pecking order, development plateau) and Milner (age, losing legs) to move on in the Summer and have a young/fit/healthy talent come in seems right.

Imagine Touchy Feely or Nkunku or whoever in this Summer (for Ox+Milner out) then Bellingham/alternative in next Summer while someone departs and Hendo gradually gets his minutes managed a little seems more like our way of doing things.

To potentially have Ox+Milner+Keita all depart at once just seems a touch drastic for me, especially as Keita has something to offer. Injury-prone players aren't a problem, it's when you have a lot of them that compounds the issue.
    The 5 subs rule will change things massively Sid next season. My my! change half your team perhaps at half time food for thought! Perhaps many players have to get used to being substituted. And perhaps rightly so for fitness reasons.