Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: This weekend's other games

2-0 Palace Ayew
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Arsenil-2 palace
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Damnit!!!!

I would have preferred Palace save this game for their matchup with City down the road.

We all know they have one or two of this kind of games during a Season.
    Don't blow your wad on piddly old Arse.

At least save something for City.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Spurs in 4th for now. If Chelsea stutter it'll be interesting as the London clubs scrap above Man Utd.

And to add on to the above, I have this sneaking supsicion and feeling that Palace could actually end up being a bigger title-deciding factor this season than even our game at the Etihad next week (which could effectively end in a draw if history is anything to go by).

Remember that if we draw with them at the Etihad next week, and then go win our remaining games, and they draw any of their remaining games (while we maintain our goal difference advantage) we end up with the title.

Palace could well be that draw.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Spurs in 4th for now. If Chelsea stutter it'll be interesting as the London clubs scrap above Man Utd.
    If Chelsea lose another game, then it'll be a real scrap for that 4th place Champions League spot.

Nobody seems to want to finish third it seems, going by what the Arse are producing tonight.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    And to add on to the above, I have this sneaking supsicion and feeling that Palace could actually end up being a bigger title-deciding factor this season than even our game at the Etihad next week (which could effectively end in a draw if history is anything to go by).

Remember that if we draw with them at the Etihad next week, and then go win our remaining games, and they draw any of their remaining games (while we maintain our goal difference advantage) we end up with the title.

Palace could well be that draw.
    City have played Palace twice already, they bummed City at the Etihad and should have won the game at their place and likely would if Gallagher had been pressing Rodri as he's been pressing and picking up Partey tonight, that's step one of how to play CIty, keep on Rodri and at their CBs and stop them playing their triangles

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    City have played Palace twice already, they bummed City at the Etihad and should have won the game at their place and likely would if Gallagher had been pressing Rodri as he's been pressing and picking up Partey tonight, that's step one of how to play CIty, keep on Rodri and at their CBs and stop them playing their triangles
    Damnit you're right.

Maybe I was confusing them with the Hammers.

I knew they had at least one tricky match in their remaining matches and I know Palace have given them a hard time of all the teams they've face this season.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Interviewing for the job eh Patrick?

Can always rely on Arsenal to balls it up when you want them to win. Hopefully they can turn this around.

Really want them to hammer that nail into United’s coffin and keep Spurs away.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Damnit you're right.

Maybe I was confusing them with the Hammers.

I knew they had at least one tricky match in their remaining matches and I know Palace have given them a hard time of all the teams they've face this season.
    Pretty much all the teams they have left to play have players with exactly the kind of qualities in exactly the required positions to cause them real problems if their manager sets them up right - City REALLY do not like teams attacking their 2 CB DM triangle with another not letting them go to Cancelo easy either and have their mids following Silva/Gundojan or Baconface deep if they drop to try and provide an option

It breaks City's rhythm and control and how they like to play, every team that does it has real success with it, causes them real problems and has genuine opportunities to win the game, unfortunately, despite most sides having players with the right abilities to carry out that plan and tactics in the right positions, hardly any have managers who are tactically capable and just drop off and sit off in numbers and make it easy for City