Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: This weekend's other games

Says a lot about the standard of the League miller.

Awful effort from Sancho there.

Over in Spain, Real Madrid have, so far, been awarded THREE penalties.
    Benzema has scored two and missed one. Those officials are being generous towards the league leaders today!

Would have been a travesty had Utd won that at the death, they barely deserved their point.
    The standard of the league will reach an all time low if Utd scrape a Champions League place. They are a terrible side, poorly managed and no better than any other team in the top half.

Sooo… Everton’s next 3
    West Ham A
    Burnley A
    Man Utd H

Burnley have
    Everton H
    Norwich A

By the time we kick off at the Etihad the Bitters SHOULD be in the bottom 3.

What a day that could be…

Think the Burnley v Everton game ends up being to the relegation battle what the Liverpool v Man City game is to the title race, near enough.

Norwich and Watford gone, one of Burnley or Everton to join them in the drop, so far as I see it.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Ralph dresses like he's hitting the pub after the game.

I betcha the re-arranged Villa game will take place on Thurdays before the final game on the Sunday., Man-city will play on the Wednesday with their re-arranged match..This is how it works..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I betcha the re-arranged Villa game will take place on Thurdays before the final game on the Sunday., Man-city will play on the Wednesday with their re-arranged match..This is how it works..
    Annoyingly that sounds about right.

Hopefully we win at the Etihad. Do that and we can win 6, draw 1 of the 7 League games that will follow and finish level with them (if they win all 7) but win the League on goal difference.

If we go the full distance in everything it's....15(?) games left in all comps I think - imagine we won all 15 - Bedlam!!!!

It remains a sad and embarrassing indictment on our national game that we have to win at the Etihad as otherwise, for the second season in four seasons City will be the Max Verstappen of the Premier League, handed a title by incompetent or biased officials not following very clear rules, they haven't actually won or earned.

That is EXACTLY what happened in 18-19 pre VAR, with VAR there is no excuse and if we look at just their 1-0 wins against Wolves and Everton both courtesy of VERY wrong handball decisions and our draw v Spurs and the Jota non penalty, there is a clear 6 point swing through blatantly wrong officiating decisions that could hand them another undeserved and unmerited title

Our pundits, commentators and broadcasters should be shouting this from the rafters, it should be a source of incredible shame and embarrassment to our national game, but it seems they're all still desperately stuck in their 1990's Ferguson "Anyone but Liverpool" status quo
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It remains a sad and embarrassing indictment on our national game that we have to win at the Etihad as otherwise, for the second season in four seasons City will be the Max Verstappen of the Premier League, handed a title by incompetent or biased officials not following very clear rules, they haven't actually won or earned.

That is EXACTLY what happened in 18-19 pre VAR, with VAR there is no excuse and if we look at just their 1-0 wins against Wolves and Everton both courtesy of VERY wrong handball decisions and our draw v Spurs and the Jota non penalty, there is a clear 6 point swing through blatantly wrong officiating decisions that could hand them another undeserved and unmerited title

Our pundits, commentators and broadcasters should be shouting this from the rafters, it should be a source of incredible shame and embarrassment to our national game, but it seems they're all still desperately stuck in their 1990's Ferguson "Anyone but Liverpool" status quo
    Its hard to stomach. It'll be a very bitter pill if we don't make it. I have to be honest and say I don't see us doing it.
    That shower are basically the Tories of the league. A bunch of corrupt cunts who everyone is sick of and wants rid of.
    They'll get what they deserve sometime and everyone will want front row seats for it.