Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: This weekend's other games

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Annoyingly that sounds about right.

Hopefully we win at the Etihad. Do that and we can win 6, draw 1 of the 7 League games that will follow and finish level with them (if they win all 7) but win the League on goal difference.

If we go the full distance in everything it's....15(?) games left in all comps I think - imagine we won all 15 - Bedlam!!!!
    Its more than annoying, it also means Villa get 2 days to prepare for their fixure against Man-city. We shouldnt be forced to play on the Thursday.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Its hard to stomach. It'll be a very bitter pill if we don't make it. I have to be honest and say I don't see us doing it.
    That shower are basically the Tories of the league. A bunch of corrupt cunts who everyone is sick of and wants rid of.
    They'll get what they deserve sometime and everyone will want front row seats for it.
    Speaking of Man City, what is a really sad indictment is that a lot of Man United fans wish them well as it stops us from winning things.

Man United have finished second (with Man City finishing first) TWICE in the last 5 seasons - they root for a club that have contributed to them not being on a 21st/22nd League title - odd mentality that.

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that we are in for an absolutely insane April. So often this season I think most of us have felt we have won a match without leaving 3rd gear - if we have paced ourselves well for a sprint finish to the season and turn on the After-burners it could be a really special month. The raw confidence that would ooze out of us if we find ourselves scheduled to play an FA Cup final and a Champion's League semi-final while we're in first spot would be absolutely bananas.

Whatever happens, happens - the run the lads have put together to get us into this position has been magnificent and we shouldn't forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Speaking of Man City, what is a really sad indictment is that a lot of Man United fans wish them well as it stops us from winning things.

Man United have finished second (with Man City finishing first) TWICE in the last 5 seasons - they root for a club that have contributed to them not being on a 21st/22nd League title - odd mentality that.

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that we are in for an absolutely insane April. So often this season I think most of us have felt we have won a match without leaving 3rd gear - if we have paced ourselves well for a sprint finish to the season and turn on the After-burners it could be a really special month. The raw confidence that would ooze out of us if we find ourselves scheduled to play an FA Cup final and a Champion's League semi-final while we're in first spot would be absolutely bananas.

Whatever happens, happens - the run the lads have put together to get us into this position has been magnificent and we shouldn't forget that.
    It is an odd stance but I think we would feel the same in their position. We are already more than double ahead in European trophies and one behind their league titles. We win one more and their bragging rights have gone.

Hope you are right about a sprint finish. It will be amazing if we were to blow them away next week.
    We certainly need to up our levels now.

Come on you Iron!!! Let’s see a good “hammering” (see what I did there…)for those bitter bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Come on you Iron!!! Let’s see a good “hammering” (see what I did there…)for those bitter bastards.
    The West Ham and Burnley matches looks absolutely massive for the Bitters, don't they?!?!

They're very fortunate to have a little bit of a points cushion just now, as their run-in looks nightmarish.

They have Arsenal on the last day. Imagine if they have to win that!

Or imagine on the last day we win the league and they're just celebrating staying up.

Would their bus parade be on the same day as ours?

Lol. Couldn't have them on the same day.
    They can have theirs on the day we play the CL final.

They’re actually playing quite well so far today. West Ham need to wake up.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!