Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 250 Premier League Games of Jurgen Klopp

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It's obviously inevitable as we are still in the 3 remaining comps but I hate the quad talk. I'm sure as players they can distance themselves from it to a point but as a fan it's the expectancy level of it. I'll never ever forget 2014 and how hard that was to take, as the games rolled on the nerves were like nothing I've experienced as an LFC fan and each win brought expectancy. We all thought it was going to happen.
    We are in with a chance but we could equally as likely just end up with the league Cup this season. Sounds a bit defeatist but that's the reality of it.
    What would you take now?
    I'd take either of the big ones now and be happy.
    Personally so long as we are competitive, I'm happy. We've not been in the domestic cups in recent years but have a stronger squad this term.

We're competitive in the league, in a 2 horse race. And as good a chance as any in the CL.

The league Cup was nice.
    I'd take league, CL and fa Cup in that order of the 3 remaining.

Great to have the quad dream though 👍

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'll never ever forget 2014 and how hard that was to take, as the games rolled on the nerves were like nothing I've experienced as an LFC fan and each win brought expectancy. We all thought it was going to happen.
    As rough as that was, I think it was compounded massively by the fact we hadn't won the League for so long.

I honestly don't anticipate any missed trophy to hurt quite as much going forward, even if all missed chances are painful - and a big part of that is the fact we "got the Monkey off our back" by finally winning the thing - not to mention the pain of the circumstances around Gerrard's slip and so on. To cap it all off, we missed out in the end from a winning position with so few games left - even if we don't win the League this season I can't foresee anyone feeling we "bottled" it or anything.

Should we fail in any of our missions this season (and we very well could - Man City themselves still have eyes on a Treble) I think there will still be a sense of belief in the campaign next season under all the surface-level hurt, as the squad is so good and our Manager fitting the club like a Glove.

Agree with all that Sid.
    And that would be my order too CC.

Every time anyone mentions the "quadruple" I think to myself bollocks.
    One more trophy will do me. Any more is just fantasy.

In ‘77 we did a treble, unfortunately I was at Wembley for the FA Cup final.

If we get there again this season I promise not to go and jinx it again.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    In ‘77 we did a treble, unfortunately I was at Wembley for the FA Cup final.

If we get there again this season I promise not to go and jinx it again.
    Ticket tout!

I’d have to get hold of a ticket first mate…

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Well done boss, Liverpool’s best signing since Bob Paisley.

Most wins after 250 Premier League Games

Klopp 160
    Mourinho 158
    Ferguson 152
    Wenger 146

Could be on the cusp of immortality…. And a statue.
    The best manager in Premier League history - I look forward to the next 250 and Jurgen penning a new contract
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Which one's you SB? The pissed one, or the really pissed one? 😂