Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Most influential player

I'd look over it if we were out of the cups and no where in the league. I just do get why people constantly criticise certain players. We're doing brilliantly this season and have only dropped a handful of points this season.
    Leave the moaning until after the season has finished !!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Maybe in the future there will be a more technically gifted midfielder than Hendo

Keane -
    Played 575
    Scored 70
    Assisted 42

Hendo -
    Played 527
    Scored 39
    Assisted 70
    Roy Keane played a major part in Henderson's development as a youngster. Credit where it is due!

Maybe in the future there will be a more technically gifted midfielder than Hendo

Keane -
    Played 575
    Scored 70
    Assisted 42

Hendo -
    Played 527
    Scored 39
    Assisted 70
    That actually stands up VERY well for Hendo, the majority of Keane's games were for a filthy side that were top 2 in the Prem for most of his career, Hendo's helped make the current Liverpool side top 2 in the past 4 seasons and been an incredible part of helping build the club back up to that - Hendo's passes before the assist are at least double that of his assists too, so his record stands up very well against anybodies, not bad considering he isn't the most technically gifted, making the most of what you have with incredible game intelligence and awareness counts for a hell of a lot
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    That actually stands up VERY well for Hendo, the majority of Keane's games were for a filthy side that were top 2 in the Prem for most of his career, Hendo's helped make the current Liverpool side top 2 in the past 4 seasons and been an incredible part of helping build the club back up to that - Hendo's passes before the assist are at least double that of his assists too, so his record stands up very well against anybodies, not bad considering he isn't the most technically gifted, making the most of what you have with incredible game intelligence and awareness counts for a hell of a lot
    Keane was great before fergie. Hendo needed Klopp to arrive for his current standing.
    No major slight on Hendo that Klopp was a massive lift to his star.

Both great players, neither top technicians.

Keane played deeper than Hendo. But I'd give Hendo a marginally more advanced role than I'd give Keane.

Both great captains in their sides, though as Keane said in some recent shitetalk, in top sides you have leaders all around you.

Still need someone to cry foul and put a few faces out on the pitch.

Keane was great before fergie. Hendo needed Klopp to arrive for his current standing.
    No major slight on Hendo that Klopp was a massive lift to his star.

Both great players, neither top technicians.

Keane played deeper than Hendo. But I'd give Hendo a marginally more advanced role than I'd give Keane.
    Well, I did say at the time we signed Clough we were signing the wrong lad from Forest to be fair, actually true
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Both great captains in their sides, though as Keane said in some recent shitetalk, in top sides you have leaders all around you.

Still need someone to cry foul and put a few faces out on the pitch.
    Someone should have done that when Pickford assaulted Virgil!

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Roy Keane played a major part in Henderson's development as a youngster. Credit where it is due!
    I'd give that to Klopp far more than Keane myself.
    Think the two are rather similar players and people, obviously Keane has a lot more negative press incidents.

I'd give that to Klopp far more than Keane myself.
    Think the two are rather similar players and people, obviously Keane has a lot more negative press incidents.
    I think Keane kept him going when it was perhaps easier to let him go. He had difficulties but Keane saw the promise.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Someone should have done that when Pickford assaulted Virgil!
    Worst I saw was Jones creaming Lallana in the first half v the mancs. Jumping into him from behind and floored poor Adam. No one reacted at all. Was disgusting to see imo
    Gerrard got sent off within seconds as a second half sub for crunching Mata.

It's funny how little things like that can stand the test of time.