Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Most influential player

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Worst I saw was Jones creaming Lallana in the first half v the mancs. Jumping into him from behind and floored poor Adam. No one reacted at all. Was disgusting to see imo
    Gerrard got sent off within seconds as a second half sub for crunching Mata.

It's funny how little things like that can stand the test of time.
    Agger was always good for that kind of protest.

Robbo certainly backing up his advocates in this thread

I was thinking Alisson earlier, without him we can't play as we do and he bails us out a hell of a lot when we get it wrong too, if you look at his one v one saves, if he was a striker and we counter those as goals, he'd be our top scorer on about 30 goals

But I believe we have several influential players we aren't the same side without, Hendo not starting today showed that in abundance
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Lest we forget

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I was thinking Alisson earlier, without him we can't play as we do and he bails us out a hell of a lot when we get it wrong too, if you look at his one v one saves, if he was a striker and we counter those as goals, he'd be our top scorer on about 30 goals

But I believe we have several influential players we aren't the same side without, Hendo not starting today showed that in abundance
    Schmiechel was the same for the Mancs.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

According to data provided by data analyst John Harrison on Twitter, Alisson has saved 7.8 Premier League goals for Liverpool.

That’s a full three goals more than his nearest competitor – Birighton & Hove Albion’s Robert Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    According to data provided by data analyst John Harrison on Twitter, Alisson has saved 7.8 Premier League goals for Liverpool.

That’s a full three goals more than his nearest competitor – Birighton & Hove Albion’s Robert Sanchez.
    I don't really trust their data, how they adjudicate certain things aren't in keeping with how the game is played, it's really clear in the stats CCTV frequently trots out

Im very certain Alisson has saved quite a few more one v one's the would have otherwise led to a goal, how these people do stats to render them meaningless, they probably don't count every time he rushes a player smother at his feet without him being able to get a meaningful shot off, that they list it as 7.8 goals shows it's a nonsense, he either made an intervention that saved a goal or he didn't, you can't save part of a goal

Fucking middle class twats who don't really understand football trying to create a niche for themselves is what most of the stats sites are about

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Schmiechel was the same for the Mancs.
    Although Schmeichel did save a number of one v one's for them, and he was hugely influential for them, it was more through being a very good, incredible even, shot stopper, not through having all the other abilities that facilitate our lads pressing and playing so high that Alisson has

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I don't really trust their data, how they adjudicate certain things aren't in keeping with how the game is played, it's really clear in the stats CCTV frequently trots out

Im very certain Alisson has saved quite a few more one v one's the would have otherwise led to a goal, how these people do stats to render them meaningless, they probably don't count every time he rushes a player smother at his feet without him being able to get a meaningful shot off, that they list it as 7.8 goals shows it's a nonsense, he either made an intervention that saved a goal or he didn't, you can't save part of a goal

Fucking middle class twats who don't really understand football trying to create a niche for themselves is what most of the stats sites are about
    Critiquing a stat without having the slightest understanding of what the stat is, or how it is measured. How prejudiced.

I'm guessing it's based on XG - expected goals - which routinely has a decimal point or two

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Critiquing a stat without having the slightest understanding of what the stat is, or how it is measured. How prejudiced.

I'm guessing it's based on XG - expected goals - which routinely has a decimal point or two
    It's not hard to work out how they're calculating, to me it's much simpler, and actually more accurate, watch the actual game, know/understand what would have been a certain goal except for Alisson's intervention, that is the number of goals he has saved, the true number Edit: And it doesn't have a decimal point in the answer
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 26th April 2022 at 03:28 PM.