Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Most influential player

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It's not hard to work out how they're calculating, to me it's much simpler, and actually more accurate, watch the actual game, know/understand what would have been a certain goal except for Alisson's intervention, that is the number of goals he has saved, the true number Edit: And it doesn't have a decimal point in the answer
    Well what answer have you derived from your simpler methodology ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Well what answer have you derived from your simpler methodology ?
    I haven't counter them all, but it's a lot more than 7.8, there have been numerous games this season he's made 2 or 3 top class saves in that have made sure we got the win and no-one's even really spoken about him, people are so used to him doing it, it's become normal to a lot of people, when what he does and the frequency with which he does it is extraordinary
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I haven't counter them all, but it's a lot more than 7.8, there have been numerous games this season he's made 2 or 3 top class saves in that have made sure we got the win and no-one's even really spoken about him, people are so used to him doing it, it's become normal to a lot of people, when what he does and the frequency with which he does it is extraordinary
    Agree 19x but He needs to stop showboating at the back eg v mancs early on and still 0-0. Don't see the point. He will eventually get caught out and that may cost us

Well maybe when you create your own numbers we can have some sense of your perspective.

Till then, we'll just have to go with an objective stat analysis which posits Alisson as the best in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Well maybe when you create your own numbers we can have some sense of your perspective.

Till then, we'll just have to go with an objective stat analysis which posits Alisson as the best in the league.
    I don't have any stats but the longer you mess around like that at the back the sooner you get found out. Stop it!

I don't really trust their data,
    No but to whittle it down to 7.8 means they must have been very good saves. It’s interesting and not surprising that he is so far ahead of the competition by their markers.

There are often games where he saves two or more big chances so they must be trying to calculate attempts that are rarely saved

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    No but to whittle it down to 7.8 means they must have been very good saves. It’s interesting and not surprising that he is so far ahead of the competition by their markers.

There are often games where he saves two or more big chances so they must be trying to calculate attempts that are rarely saved
    The more I here stats then the colder I get to them. How many people are involved, do they review and then get checked again.and checked again! Sounds like a ridiculous amount of people involved to make those judgements. They cannot make all such judgements from videos or being in the stands. They are mostly nonsense stats with a mere modicum of truth. Good job if you have it. The real game belongs at ground level. The spaces there are different as is the pace. The Best Managers see best to conduct activities from there

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    The Best Managers see best to conduct activities from there
    That isn't strictly accurate, they all admit to not having seen things or having missed things, they are all getting feedback from their coaches who are watching live feeds that provide a better view of and aspect of certain things and they all have their coaches deliver tweaks at HT using footage from the first half - So all the very best actually use the footage we see every bit as much as we do to achieve the best results
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

That isn't strictly accurate, they all admit to not having seen things or having missed things, they are all getting feedback from their coaches who are watching live feeds that provide a better view of and aspect of certain things and they all have their coaches deliver tweaks at HT using footage from the first half - So all the very best actually use the footage we see every bit as much as we do to achieve the best results
    I don't believe that!

Furthermore dear 19x .Who Are those people. I don't see Jürgen wired up listening to them. The game is too intense for that. He has the match officials and his bench to deal with plus watching the match itself and halftime is really only 10 mins at most to talk to your team. I think you are fantasising.