Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172021222324252627

Thread: Other CL quarterfinals

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    They're called Man City and their debauchery is much sneakier and under-handed.

Atletico are the chronic pick-up artist worshipping scumbag. He's a twat, but he doesn't hide the fact he's a twat.

Man City are the mate who says he'll be there for you during a health scare and he's actually been banging your wife for years whilst consoling you when you have a row.
    Correct, I don't know why any one here has the remotest bit of sympathy for them

Their fellow mancs don't mind them banging their missus while they're out or bending over and taking it in the wrong un themselves though as they've demonstrated in their willingness to let City do that and be the completely dominant Manc club, 'Anyone but Liverpool' eh? So thick it's escaped their attention they're not even the best club in their own city and most of their own fans have no aspiration to be as long as that stops us winning more trophies
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Rather than going on about whose missus they are banging, an analogy I can't quite follow, can you both explain your views? Do you think Man City commit violent fouls on a par with Atletico, which go unpunished, or work extra hard as a team to coerce the referee, dive and cheat - like shirt puling at exactly the right time - in away that other premiership teams do not?

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Rather than going on about whose missus they are banging, an analogy I can't quite follow, can you both explain your views? Do you think Man City commit violent fouls on a par with Atletico, which go unpunished, or work extra hard as a team to coerce the referee, dive and cheat - like shirt puling at exactly the right time - in away that other premiership teams do not?
    Cheat by fiddling FFP, potentially by bribing officials, as i can't see any other possible reason for the 2 handball decisions that gave them 4 points they shouldn't have to have been given so blatantly incorrectly with the use of VAR, raising the question of why they are allowed to commit numerous tactical fouls without punishment every game and several fouls in a few games hardly ever getting booked - Sterling won them about 5 penalties that were blatant dives that got them points in 18-19

They don't cheat in the same way Atletico do, but they are dirty sly bastard underhand cheats, as Sid describes, the kind of bloke who tries to act like your best pal and befriend you solely because he has designs on your missus

I've never understood what the FUCK is wrong with all the dickheads who do things like that, although I have more than likely unwittingly 'had it off' with some girls who might have had a boyfriend, I certainly wasn't aware of whether they did or not and any I knew who had one were immediately off limits

I don't like friends who cheat on their mates either but I'm trying to understand what you two are going on about. A moment ago you seemed to be saying City were just as bad as Atletico, a claim I just don't agree with. If they are cheating the FFP rules, then yes I hope they get punished. But that's not what we were talking about.

A moment ago you seemed to be saying City were just as bad as Atletico, a claim I just don't agree with. If they are cheating the FFP rules, then yes I hope they get punished. But that's not what we were talking about.
    Atletico have some players who roll around a bit, get theatrical and make snide tackles.

Man City are backed by finances with links to offshore account payments to past Managers, diddling the books to imply they're one of the best sides commercially in World Football, sponsoring through new companies made up by their Royal Family at inflated rates and (outside of Football) are backed by a family who are involved in camel races where the lightest jockeys are the most prized, so children are kidnapped from low-income areas of countries like China and chained to Camels until they learn to ride them well - or die trying.

One is Stoke on steroids. The other is funded by lads involved in human rights abuse.

We can agree to disagree on this, no issues there, but Man City are worse - for me.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I wasn't talking about finances, I was talking about the way they play football. No need to agree to disagree, sounds like you agree with me

Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live during Wednesday's Champions League coverage, Trippier gave an account of the Atletico Madrid manager’s instructions for playing against Liverpool.

“When we used to play Liverpool and Chelsea, he used to say get in their faces, wind them up, run up to the referee,” said Trippier.

“All the things that you see them doing in the last game, with Vrsaljko and Grealish, and pulling his hair, these are the things that they do. It comes from the players themselves but the manager is one of those, he does it himself, he’s asking for a yellow from minute one if there’s a tackle.

“That’s what he wants, in the dressing room before the game, he wants you to get in the opposition player’s faces and wind players up. Not the hair pulling, but if one of the players get tackles, he wants you to get around the ref and just get in other players faces.”

I wasn't talking about finances, I was talking about the way they play football. No need to agree to disagree, sounds like you agree with me
    Well we were saying they were bigger cheats through fiddling finances and bribing officials, the police should investigate that Australian ref, them constantly getting away with tactical fouls and fouls in general, well, there's something very suspect about that, no other side gets away with them, in one of their games I watched Rodri made 6 (SIX) in the game and didn't even get a booking when for any other club he'd have been sent off three times over