Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Benfica (Champion's League, second leg)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Need to rest Captain Fantastic tomorrow night as he will be needed at No6 against City in the cup semi on the evidence of Sunday's meeting
    Certainly not needed at 10 v city

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Certainly not needed at 10 v city
    Never seen Hendo play as a 10
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Earlier in the season if someone had offered us a knock-out sequence of Inter, Benfica and (if we get there) Villareal in the Champion's League, we would have been absolutely delighted.

Villareal aren't mugs, Benfica aren't mugs - but we have an incredible opportunity to reach a Champion's League semi-final where we would feel we were the favourites.

Absolutely no mistakes tomorrow night. Treat the opposition with respect, be professional and put the smiles back on our faces prior to the FA Cup clash.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Earlier in the season if someone had offered us a knock-out sequence of Inter, Benfica and (if we get there) Villareal in the Champion's League, we would have been absolutely delighted.

Villareal aren't mugs, Benfica aren't mugs - but we have an incredible opportunity to reach a Champion's League semi-final where we would feel we were the favourites.

Absolutely no mistakes tomorrow night. Treat the opposition with respect, be professional and put the smiles back on our faces prior to the FA Cup clash.
    Indeed. The team selection will be very interesting.
    I hope the non-regulars can do it for us. I'm sure they will with a full house behind them.
    A pal of mine has got tickets the jammy twat.

Anyone any idea how long it takes a renewed passport to get to you once your photo has been approved?

Never seen Hendo play as a 10
    Nor have I

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Indeed. The team selection will be very interesting.
    It will. I could see Salah being played to get him a goal for example despite looking like he needs a night off.

5 subs is helpful. Do we go out a bit "weaker" with a strong bench in case they score first? Or go out strong with a view to getting the first goal and making subs at half-time and/or around the 60th?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Nor have I
    It's because he hasn't, except in your imaginary world in which we're playing a 4231 every game because that's what you want us to be playing

I thought you were a wind up merchant for a bit, I only twigged yesterday, you're seeing every game we play as the formation YOU think it should be and the players playing the positions YOU think they should be playing, when that isn't what the formation or their positions are
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It's because he hasn't, except in your imaginary world in which we're playing a 4231 every game because that's what you want us to be playing

I thought you were a wind up merchant for a bit, I only twigged yesterday, you're seeing every game we play as the formation YOU think it should be and the players playing the positions YOU think they should be playing, when that isn't what the formation or their positions are
    We played a 4222, thats what I said, stop confusing yourself.
    It had a 4231 structure but it was 4222

I said city played a 4231. They did.
    That's the formation I said we should play.

Hendo & KdB had the same job

You can call it the more attacking rcm role of a lopsided 3 if you like
    A 6 & 8 & 10 role - lopsided.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It will. I could see Salah being played to get him a goal for example despite looking like he needs a night off.

5 subs is helpful. Do we go out a bit "weaker" with a strong bench in case they score first? Or go out strong with a view to getting the first goal and making subs at half-time and/or around the 60th?
    I don't think we should go too much weaker. 2 changes max.
    They are still dangerous, if they play like they did second half we will have a tough game on our hands.