Page 1 of 23 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Benfica

Match Thread : Liverpool v Benfica

Strong lineup on paper but lots of changes may affect the overall team performance. Hope we’re not thinking we’re already through …

Alisson
    Gomez Matip Konate Tsimikas
    Milner Henderson Keita
    Jota Firmino Diaz
    "I am the Normal One."

Interesting to see if the starting mid is to look to release Diaz and Jota in behind with Keita driving the ball forward through the lines when the opportunity is there to and our press and counter press being a lot better, 3 aspects that were sorely missing from our 2 deeper centre mids on Sunday

Alisson

Gomez Matip Konate Tsimikas

Milner Henderson Keita

Jota Firmino Diaz

I expect our lads to administer a good, hard, thorough and deep penetrating bumming, get the win and book our spot in the Champions League semi
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Rotation had to happen somewhere.

Will be a few jangled nerves if Benfica score early.

We should have enough. Plus, it's Anfield.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

any result will do aslong as we proceed
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Not sure what all the fuss is about, we can keep it, we can look to press and counter press a lot better, we can look to release Diaz and Jota in behind, we can look to zip the ball into Bobby's feet for him to try and release either of them on the turn, all the things we were missing at the weekend that might well be useful this weekend that can also help us to the result we need tonight

People are wary of complacency, early errors and underdogs having "one of those nights" - we absolutely should be winning, perhaps even comfortably - but professionalism is key.

Núñez got a hat-trick at the weekend and is capable of getting a goal. Just get this done, injury-free please, then prep for a difficult weekend match.

Kick off imminent, come the FUCK on Liverpool, administer the bumming, get the win and book your place in the Champions League semi final here tonight

Wonder if we'll see a 4411 strategy tonight.
    Diaz and hendo on the flanks with Bobby & Jota both playing centrally.

For anyone curious -

Atlético XI - Oblak; Savić, Felipe, Reinildo; Llorente, Koke, Kondogbia, Lemar, Lodi; Griezmann, Félix.

Subs - Lecomte, De Paul, Suarez, Correa, Wass, Matheus Cunha, Carrasco, Hermoso, Vrsaljko, Serrano.

Man City XI - Ederson; Walker, Stones, Laporte, Cancelo; Rodri, De Bruyne, Gündoğan; Mahrez, Foden, Bernardo.

Subs - Dias, Ake, Sterling, Grealish, Zinchenko, Steffen, Fernandinho, Carson, Delap, Edozie, McAtee, Lavia.

Diaz starting on the right, I'd prefer him playing left, it's where he plays at his best

Who's that to Hendo? Mr Nobody