Page 107 of 110 FirstFirst ... 75797100101102103104105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1095

Thread: Football News

I think its more likely we get penalized for normal challenges that other teams get away with.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I ‘m a huge fan of Trent going forward from wide areas. He can be sublime. But his overall quality is overrated in this nation - still waiting for a domestic manager to win a domestic title since the inception of the Premier league Or a European Cup since Joe Fagen Or a single international trophy since the home win in ‘66.

Great ball delivery without question but also - as a right back you don’t want to be exhibiting this too often:

I don’t like focussing on this aspect of his game because it has become so well documented but in light of the above I think it needs to be highlighted. We could alternatively blame Thiago though.
    I seriously hope the next manager - whoever it ends up being - moves him to the midfield.

I can't be dealing with another season of his defensive frailties as he bigs himself up in the press as the best RB in the nation.

I'd much rather we focus on helping young Bradley make that position his and become a better defender than Trent ever was.
    We know he has the tools to play well advancing forward, so he has the potential to be a really complete attacking RB.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Nagelsmann has extended his contract with Germany until World Cup 2026. Wonder if Klopp will take another club job outside the PL after a year or so break. If he still has sights on bring his national team boss.

Please please please don't try against us. we are very tiredddd. Love the Man-city squad
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I seriously hope the next manager - whoever it ends up being - moves him to the midfield.

I can't be dealing with another season of his defensive frailties as he bigs himself up in the press as the best RB in the nation.

I'd much rather we focus on helping young Bradley make that position his and become a better defender than Trent ever was.
    We know he has the tools to play well advancing forward, so he has the potential to be a really complete attacking RB.
    Trent has the ability to be a complete right back, just lacked the application in recent times.

Sorry mate, have to disagree, he’s not going to suddenly develop defensive capabilities, he has yet to display in his career. His mind doesn’t think that way, he doesn’t track pro and most of the time doesn’t mark properly.
    Even in his performance on Thursday night he displayed some incredible passing all over the pitch but imo he is not and never will be a top level defender

His defensive stats have dropped as his no-fucks attitude has developed.

Be interesting to see who we get after Klopp, could be a tweak to our setup. Back 3, wing backs etc.

I don’t need him to be a top level defender I need him to be the best attacking right back & revert to RCM or No6 covering his forays forward

We’ve missed balls into the box & not just crosses, low driven balls through a gap in the crowd like the one for Gini v Barca & for one of Bobby’s in the 4-0 v Leicester

None of our mids or forwards have delivery like his Mac’s is really good, but not Trent level in those wide or inside advanced or deep positions

Needs to be kept on his toes & directed a bit by Konate Matip & Quansah, as all our players actually did each other in 19-20 shout him point him where he needs to be where you need him to be

Let’s be honest, no one has Trent’s level of delivery, it’s absolutely sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Let’s be honest, no one has Trent’s level of delivery, it’s absolutely sublime.
    Nobody does, especially not when he keeps it simple & hits it pure instead of overdoing it trying to be Hollywood

Trent should look at his performances in the 4/0 v Barca & 4-0 v Leicester & give us that Trent in these last six games Get Jones or Szobo covering his forward forays