Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst ... 49899293949596979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast

Thread: Football News

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Aren't the Blue noses looking at further charges/penalties too?

So they're not exactly out of the (relegation) woods either.

This year is shaping up to have the most fascinating relegation battle in ages......for all the wrong reasons.
    You could get enough points to stay up,......but still end up getting docked the points and end up going down anyway.

I'd be raising all kinds of hell if I Was any of those clubs over the question of a certain title-challenging club with more charges than all of them combined not getting any punishment or sanction at all (so far), while their financial wellbeing and futures are jeopordized with all these constant points deductions.
    It appears the PL are laying down the groundwork for a huge attack on Man-city..so If Everton are again punished. theres no reason city shouldnt be.. So yeah, lets see what happens
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Everton and forest are lucky it's only one spot they have to worry about as the other 2 teams are dreadful
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You forgot to mention part US owned & Petrodollar.. But I guess they are the 2 key factors so many in here are falling over themselves to omit

Seems that Iranians and Greeks don't get the same protection. Mind boggling.
    Is that a sneaky way of suggesting that US-owned Liverpool FC is as guilty behind the scenes as the Sheikh clubs?
    (....and as dirty too?)

We here all know quite well how you feel about our Yankee Overlords.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

No - it’s a direct accusation that the most likely reason City got off via CAS after being found guilty, is due to the fact that they are a PETRODOLLAR club which became part owned by US private equity via $500 million (10%} during the last proceedings of the case - and finally ratified just before the appeal. Ramping up their stake to almost 20% in November 2022.

It’s so simple - but I guess it’s much easier to just blame it all on those evil Arabs.

BTW which “other Sheikh clubs” are also “guilty”… “or dirty”.

See Mainoo has made the England squad. 14 league games played and now that gets you an Englesi call up.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    See Mainoo has made the England squad. 14 league games played and now that gets you an Englesi call up.
    His next club manager has taken him under his wing....

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Haha, hope so. That would go down a treat if he ends up their manager.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    If Man United finish 6th (possible) and fail to win the FA Cup (possible) then a change seems likely.

They're certainly known for questionable decisions as a club and if they went down the Southgate route it could be good meme material after what I imagine would be an initially decent few months before the slide kicks in.

11 years and counting.

It would take a pretty epic collapse from Spurs or Villa to see them make that fifth spot. Villa might run out of steam and Spurs have a tough three games coming up but Itd in the league are no great shakes.
    They might take heart from Sunday though. Be interesting to see how it pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It would take a pretty epic collapse from Spurs or Villa to see them make that fifth spot.
    Spurs are extremely Spursy though.

They finished 3rd in a 2-horse title-race. Do not underestimate their capacity to capitulate combined with Man United's jamminess.