Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 5191949596979899100101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1076

Thread: Football News

1000 entries for this post!!
    Congratulations

How many of our 2nd places could be bumped up to first based on this cheating?

They will wriggle their way out of while portraying wide eyed innocence, that is the only certainty surrounding this entire charade.

They have blatantly cheated their way to every single trophy won under Guardiola and that is what we all know but cannot prove.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    How many of our 2nd places could be bumped up to first based on this cheating?
    Think we've had two second-place finishes under Jürgen plus the one under Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Think we've had two second-place finishes under Jürgen plus the one under Rodgers.
    The 115 charges specifically cover the period from 2009 to the 2018 Season, which means one title they won ahead of Brendan, and the first time they beat Klopp to the title by a point in 2018/2019 Season.

They won another title in between those ahead of the red Mancs but it was by a wider margin (19 points).

(Brendan's team lost by 2 points and Klopp's by one point).

But it's worhtnoting that they were already under investigation for breaches in the period from 2019-2023, so basically all the title's they've won under the Sheikh (including both times they beat Klopp by a point) are under question.

In answer to the original question, I doubt very much they'll get stripped of the titles even if they're found guilty and/or relegated or such, and even less so that the league would retro-actively award the second-place team finisher in each of those seasons the title.

At most they'd just leave the title-winner for each of those seasons blank with an asterisk noting City's penalty.

Basically, the cowardly way that you'd expect the League to do it.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Personally Im not sure I'd want them awarded retrospectively. I don't think the Serie A scandal awarded it that way, they were just made void. Like Armstrong's Tour De France wins and City are pretty much the footballing equivalent of it. Just my take on it, I know some people will feel differently and that's fair enough.
    I've thought for a while that nothing will happen to them but seeing what's happening to the other clubs I don't see how they cannot be punished. It damages the Premier League if it's just a case of carry on and a fine with a slap on the wrist. Makes it look a laughing stick if they do nothing after brining all those charges.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Personally Im not sure I'd want them awarded retrospectively. I don't think the Serie A scandal awarded it that way, they were just made void. Like Armstrong's Tour De France wins and City are pretty much the footballing equivalent of it. Just my take on it, I know some people will feel differently and that's fair enough.
    I've thought for a while that nothing will happen to them but seeing what's happening to the other clubs I don't see how they cannot be punished. It damages the Premier League if it's just a case of carry on and a fine with a slap on the wrist. Makes it look a laughing stick if they do nothing after brining all those charges.
    This is exactly how I feel.

I certainly want City properly punished - a proper points deduction/expulsion/relegation. Not just some slap on a wrist and a few million in fines...

I wouldn't want the titles. Strip City of them, yes, but simply leave the winners blank or add an asterix with an explanation of what City did.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Why do I think of Pep Guardiola and Manchester City when I read this article?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/68672104

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Why do I think of Pep Guardiola and Manchester City when I read this article?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/68672104
    Because he's a proven doping cheat despite his appeal that he "won".