Page 16 of 115 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516171819202122232666 ... LastLast

Thread: Football News

Bielsa is an interesting and innovative manager. But without a preseason the players there would never be fit enough. And the time needed to learn his unusual methods, ..time is exactly what they haven't got.
    Maybe the owners are already looking to the Championship. Bielsa did really well in that tough league.
    But wrong choice wrong time for them in my opinion.

I would guess
    Rooney
    Poch....but he'd be expensive
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Quote Originally Posted by worldpanel View Post
    I would guess
    Rooney
    Poch wouldn't go there even for £15M a yr. Nor would the likes of Tuchel.
    Everton like to believe they are a sleeping giant, still 1 of the big 5 but they aren't anymore since city and now Newcastle have come into money. They are on a par with villa,same sort of core fanbase and won nothing big since the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by worldpanel View Post
    I would guess
    Rooney
    Rooney would be a giggle.

Bit annoyed they're getting a managerial change before we play them but it is what it is.

Sean Dyche the favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Sean Dyche the favourite.
    Haven't got the stomach for a fixture against Dyche team this season

The night is always darkest before it goes pitch black.

Believe it when I see it, however -

"UEFA is planning on closing the loophole that's allowed Chelsea to circumvent financial fair play (FFP) rules numerous times since last summer.

The European governing body will impose a five-year limit for the maximum length of time a transfer fee can be spread over after a number of concerned teams contacted UEFA about Chelsea's transfer policy in January."

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Believe it when I see it, however -

"UEFA is planning on closing the loophole that's allowed Chelsea to circumvent financial fair play (FFP) rules numerous times since last summer.

The European governing body will impose a five-year limit for the maximum length of time a transfer fee can be spread over after a number of concerned teams contacted UEFA about Chelsea's transfer policy in January."
    While they're "looking into it", Chelsea are still exploiting said loophole in their current transfer window spending spree with all the new players they're buying, and when they do close it or rather decide to close it, they won't be able to go back and punish Chelsea retroactively for breaking any rules, since the loophole existing wasn't Chelsea's fault - they just took advantage of it - it was UEFA's fault.

And everybody will go about their business as if nothing happened at all.
    Nothing to see here folks.

It's all a pathetic joke.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

As for the Shites, any chance of a Fat Sam sighting or him taking up the gig?

That way, when they do go down, it would be double the pleasure.

The thing that really sucks is that normally I would and should be enjoying the turmoil that's happening over the Bluenoses and their season in peril, but unfortunately we have our own issues to worry about.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    While they're "looking into it", Chelsea are still exploiting said loophole in their current transfer window spending spree with all the new players they're buying, and when they do close it or rather decide to close it, they won't be able to go back and punish Chelsea retroactively for breaking any rules, since the loophole existing wasn't Chelsea's fault - they just took advantage of it - it was UEFA's fault.

And everybody will go about their business as if nothing happened at all.
    Nothing to see here folks.

It's all a pathetic joke.
    I sadly think you'll have nailed it there.

Same way I think the investigation into Man City will come to nothing, but there may be a statement made about a month after any deadline so they can look like they "tried" or whatever.