Page 52 of 115 FirstFirst ... 24245464748495051525354555657585962102 ... LastLast

Thread: Football News

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    No harm to Jordan, he always came across as a bit dim, but seriously, his PR team should know better.....
    Agree. I think its his agent or whoever playing this card.
    It just doesn't need saying at all.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    “Not about the money” is the biggest indicator as to the bullshit level in that statement.
    Haha definitely. I'm disappointed in him for it, using that nonsense to try and defend and deflect the LGBTQ issues that have been thrown his way.
    I wonder what Klopp thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    how much was he earning here with us?
    I'd imagine he would have been one of high earners.
    his fitness levels (for us) have dropped - there's no way he would be playing two full games a week for us.
    nothing to see here. move on.
    It was always about playing time.

Klopp, who's characteristically honest and direct with his players - told him he'd be getting less going forward and not as much an automatic starter despite being Captain.
    And he didn't like that.

Even though from a practicality point of view, you could see why Klopp would want to transition him to that Milner-esque role not just to facilitate the rebuild that he's currently doing to the team, but if he wanted to get the best of Jordan as he enters his mid-to-late thirties, then you can't be having him playing every week.
    Especially with the increasing injuries he's been having and loss of pace.

But leave it to a player and their ego to think they can play every game like they did in their 20's.

And then on the other side he had Stevie promising a starting role every week in a league that likely will be less of a grind on him, and maybe the money is that significantly better, but chances are he could get a longer extension to play into his late thirties that we wouldn't offer him.

So from that standpoint I could see where his reasoning was coming from.

But then if that's the case then he should cut the crap with the excuse-making and the shite.
    No one wants to hear any of that.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Haha definitely. I'm disappointed in him for it, using that nonsense to try and defend and deflect the LGBTQ issues that have been thrown his way.
    I wonder what Klopp thinks.
    Probably the same thing he thought when Coutinho left for Barca after he'd asked him to stay and have build a better legacy here and have a statue of him built here when he was done playing.

Onwards and upwards.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    It was always about playing time.

Klopp, who's characteristically honest and direct with his players - told him he'd be getting less going forward and not as much an automatic starter despite being Captain.
    And he didn't like that.

Even though from a practicality point of view, you could see why Klopp would want to transition him to that Milner-esque role not just to facilitate the rebuild that he's currently doing to the team, but if he wanted to get the best of Jordan as he enters his mid-to-late thirties, then you can't be having him playing every week.
    Especially with the increasing injuries he's been having and loss of pace.

But leave it to a player and their ego to think they can play every game like they did in their 20's.

And then on the other side he had Stevie promising a starting role every week in a league that likely will be less of a grind on him, and maybe the money is that significantly better, but chances are he could get a longer extension to play into his late thirties that we wouldn't offer him.

So from that standpoint I could see where his reasoning was coming from.

But then if that's the case then he should cut the crap with the excuse-making and the shite.
    No one wants to hear any of that.
    Absolutely !
    Why the fk is he saying this. If it is his words then what an idiot and we should thank him for past excellent sevice but be thankful that a metormophosing prima Donna has been set free.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Ye shuid hae gaen tae Anfield tae appreciate Fab. He wis excellent fur a few seasons bit ye need tae be keekin at th' whole picture, nae juist whit a shitty stream shows.
    He was never a midfielder or a DM he was a destroyer, Mac has already eclipsed Fab in what he's shown, his reading and anticipation, variety of pressing and know how, without barely ever going to ground

All the new lads scan with head on swivel checking team mates, opponents and their own positions, Fab never ever did that. I get he became an instant cult hero as he was deemed to have taken Hendo's place, even if it made no sense in playing terms

i get a fair few of us are older and a lot of you are stuck in the status quo of what midfielders did in the old days, especially loving midfielders throwing themselves around, going to ground, launching themselves into tackles, but in our system and game it should scarcely be necessary unless the player's not reading and anticipating and positioning themselves properly (most commonly) or a team mate makes an error leaving them having to

Mac has really impressed me so far, most of all last game as it begins to gel, i've been delighted to see our No6 playing that role expertly, holding the press together rather than being its weakest link and releasing our forwards and full backs for the first time since Hendo played there in 19-20 and in the odd games he started there in 20-21 before CB crisis and 21-22 all comps

It's been great watching it done properly again at last
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Interesting article in the mail about net spend. Not sure how accurate it is but in the last 10 years the table is;

1. Manchester United - £1.19bn

2. Chelsea - £883m

3. PSG - £866m

4. Arsenal - £745m

5. Man City - £732m

6. Newcastle £573m

7. Barcelona - £568m

8. Tottenham - £521m

9. AC Milan - £467m

10. West Ham - £452m

11. Aston Villa - £413m

12. Liverpool - £395m

13. Al Hilal - £392m

14. Juventus - £385m

15. Everton - £336m

16. Crystal Palace - £322m

17. Bournemouth - £294m

18. Bayern Munich - £294m

19. Real Madrid - £279m

20. Nottingham Forest - £265m

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Interesting article in the mail about net spend. Not sure how accurate it is but in the last 10 years the table is;

1. Manchester United - £1.19bn

2. Chelsea - £883m

3. PSG - £866m

4. Arsenal - £745m

5. Man City - £732m

6. Newcastle £573m

7. Barcelona - £568m

8. Tottenham - £521m

9. AC Milan - £467m

10. West Ham - £452m

11. Aston Villa - £413m

12. Liverpool - £395m

13. Al Hilal - £392m

14. Juventus - £385m

15. Everton - £336m

16. Crystal Palace - £322m

17. Bournemouth - £294m

18. Bayern Munich - £294m

19. Real Madrid - £279m

20. Nottingham Forest - £265m
    Real Madrid, now that's impressive.... 5 CL trophies bagged in that time too....

We'd be well below Real if we sold Salah!

Who are the all time most expensive (inflation adjusted) transfer signings for the English Premier League?

Andriy Shevkchenko £215M today (£30.8M in 2006/07)
    Rio Ferdinand £199M (£29M in 02/03)
    Fernando Torres £182M (£50M in 10/11)
    Alan Shearer £178M (£15M in 96/97)
    Wayne Rooney £177 (£25.6M in 04/05)
    Moises Caicedo (£115M) would only rank #31on the list
    and Enzo Fernandez (£107M) comes in at #41.

If you created a first Xl by position, Chelsea would have seven out of the eleven.

https://news.sky.com/story/whos-really-the-most-expensive-ever-premier-league-transfer-12946626?fbclid=IwAR2EdXcFM2Dj7wXpnf6QmGy4Ks9VC5r9 HZuzLe6iD3z-19ZpeZiIMscBOFk