Page 7 of 108 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Football News

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Could potentially be great news, could spark an all out assault and war on the sportswashers like PSG, Man CIty and Newcastle with all the other clubs coming together to demand an end to their persistent fiddling of FFP and for historic sanctions - As I understand it, they are pursuing this issue now with the EU, National Govs, FIFA and UEFA, a full on audit of all these clubs accounts and all their players accounts and all payments made to and from the dummy companies is required, and it will most likely reveal more than FFP fiddling, making Riley, Tierney and Kavanagh incredibly nervous no doubt

The MBappe contract is a brazen step too far and could bring the whole sportswashing house of cards tumbling donw
    Had thought that first part myself and hope you're right.
    The other musing that I had on a related topic is, due to what Newcastle will be able to offer in terms of unrivalled financial packages, will playing for them be seen as a move akin to Phil Mickelson, Greg Norman etc

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Both are good players but c**ts I said it for a while.

F*ck em I wouldnt want em here.

I hope Mo isnt looking at this bullshit thinking he is worth £500-700k a week
    Exactly. Fuck those mother fuckers.
    They're the exact type if greedy big I ams that you would never want regardless of how good they are.
    We never sign those types and I'm glad we don't, abhorrent people.
    PSG are the saddest club ever. Zero integrity. Made themselves look like mugs just to keep hold of a player, like a husband who'll do anything to keep his wife who doesn't want to be there, both lose their dignity in the end.
    PSG,City are absolute epitome of shithouse, are their any genuine football fans in the world who'd really want their club to be like that? I'd doubt it.

Could potentially be great news, could spark an all out assault and war on the sportswashers like PSG, Man CIty and Newcastle with all the other clubs coming together to demand an end to their persistent fiddling of FFP and for historic sanctions - As I understand it, they are pursuing this issue now with the EU, National Govs, FIFA and UEFA, a full on audit of all these clubs accounts and all their players accounts and all payments made to and from the dummy companies is required, and it will most likely reveal more than FFP fiddling, making Riley, Tierney and Kavanagh incredibly nervous no doubt

The MBappe contract is a brazen step too far and could bring the whole sportswashing house of cards tumbling donw
    Good points. Hopefully it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    He was never going to come to us.. Seems you were the only who thought that
    Would have been the correct move from a football perspective for him.
    Obviously the cash spoke and ffp is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Let us hope so.
    On the other hand, it might just be totally ignored. As usual.
    Too many people being paid off.
    Well, the majority of the affected clubs were all involved in the European Super League bid, mostly because it was the only way moving forward they would be able to compete with the sportswashers

As they obviously have working relationships, they should all come together again, this time to formulate a detailed plan, to lobby all other clubs in their nations explaining how the sportswashing and fiddling of FFP affect them so detrimentally, lobbying the EU, national Govs, FIFA and UEFA to create a task force to address the issue, liaising with their police forces and revenues and customs forces to fully and comprehensively audit City, Newcastle and PSG, to follow every single money trail, where the alleged income comes from, any payments made to the dummy companies, search for evidence of offshore accounts and tax evasion and avoidance, it's pretty much a given City's owners use offshore accounts like they did for Mancini to make the extra wages payments they keep off the books

In their attempts to circumvent FFP and continually covertly pump their own money into these clubs I have no doubt whatsoever there is tax evasion and avoidance involved and offshore accounts involved to keep money off the books, so pushing the EU and national Govs to investigate that isn't at all unreasonable.

HMRC periodically looks at certain areas of business in which they believe there is tax evasion and avoidance and tax revenue to be found and brought in, they did it coming after the music industry when I was working in that, given the Der Speigel information on the offshore accounts and the tax evasion and avoidance involved in that, there is a strong case for all the other clubs to push them to go after these clubs
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The other aspect of the MBappe business is that they didn't go for Haaland as they thought they were getting MBappe, so now City have Haaland, and to try and make their fans happy and although he's not a forward, they'll likely throw the kichen sink at Tchouameni to try and compensate for missing out on Mbappe in some way

The other aspect of the MBappe business is that they didn't go for Haaland as they thought they were getting MBappe, so now City have Haaland, and to try and make their fans happy and although he's not a forward, they'll likely throw the kichen sink at Tchouameni to try and compensate for missing out on Mbappe in some way
    I can see that happening. Hes hardly a marquee signing though in the eyes of their arrogant entitled fans. Camavinga was rated highly but it wasnt a massive signing.

Wouldn't Tchouemeni and Camavinga be both fighting for the same role.?
    I would happily have either of them here in a shot, but you feel that Camavinga won't leave Madrid ever.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Wouldn't Tchouemeni and Camavinga be both fighting for the same role.?
    I would happily have either of them here in a shot, but you feel that Camavinga won't leave Madrid ever.
    Yep they would, the issue now seems to be Monaco are trying to ask the earth for their player following Real's move for MBappe collapsing - Tchouameni would get a lot more playing time here across all 3 midfield positions, I could even see him employed in a man marking role on The Bacon in our games v City, we did that with Gini very successfully once and in both our league meeting they had 2 more fixed midfielders and let him have a free role, so we could have 2 more fixed and have one not letting him play a free role

Amazon has secured live UK rights to the Champions League for the first time.

The technology giant will split the rights with BT for the 2024-27 cycle, a period which marks the start of a new format for UEFA’s men’s European club competitions.
    Amazon will have the first pick of matches on a Tuesday night through to the semi-finals, with BT retaining the rest of the rights to the Champions League, Europa League and Europa Conference League.

The BBC has secured the rights to show Champions League highlights on Wednesday nights.

Amazon already holds the UK rights to 20 Premier League matches per season, but will expand its live offering with this new agreement.