Page 91 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4181848586878889909192939495969798101 ... LastLast

Thread: Football News

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'm a "younger" fan, but didn't we have to win the League for one of those?

If Man City ended up going unpunished we might go without Europe for a spell, which would be a shame.

Interesting to see if Villa can nick 5th this season or not as the chances of English sides going deep enough in their European campaigns to grant a 5th Champion's League spot seem reasonably high.
    So be it.

It should be the elite competion for all of the European league winners, not just for the clubs with the most money to use as a vehicle to generate even more money.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

To be honest, we're probabaly too far gone now for it to go back.

The financial difference between those that have and those that don't is so vast that it would only likely to make a handful of clubs richer rather than the the ellite 20 clubs.

And would probably stretch the one team leagues even further.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    So be it.

It should be the elite competion for all of the European league winners, not just for the clubs with the most money to use as a vehicle to generate even more money.
    YES - who wants to use the sport to generate money? To have an endless cash cow?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    As long as the are female they can shake their pomspoms until the cows come home
    Trans would be interesting 😊

So be it.

This is the correct answer. League winners only and knockout European Cup competition.

It will never happen because it would only generate a fraction of the current setup. It's designed to give the top teams every chance of winning via silly "league" matches. So even if they have an off day or two they can recover and still go through to the knockout stages.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Trans would be interesting ��
    well lets say i don't wanna be cancelled, but no way
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I like -

The fact that you play 8 different sides, should make it a little more interesting, giving us an opportuniuty to play clubs we haven't played before / or for a while.

The teams that get elimited no longer drop down to the UEFA Cup.

I don't like -

A guaranteed extra 2 group matchs and the possibility of playing an extra knockout round.

The fact that you dont play the same teams home and away and everyone plays a different set of teams. Whilst it is more interesting to play different teams, I dont see how a league table can be truely 'fair' if everyone has a different set of fixtures.

I hate the wank idea of 'Legacy' clubs and top nations getting an extra place.
    Definitely a good thing to try and give the Europa a bit more prestige by not allowing failed CL teams a back door in.

That legacy club idea stinks and it's just another dress up of that idea they had a few seasons back of giving teams like Barca,Real a guaranteed place.

Roy Hodgson is expected to step down as manager of Crystal Palace after his recent health scare.

The Palace board have moved swiftly to replace the 76 year old veteran with young Spanish manager Xabi Alonso.

Hehe, just jerking.

Filthy gets…Kleenex at the ready I hope? 🤞

It’s not the Champions League anymore half of the teams have never even been champions let alone in the previous season.

It’s much more akin to the old Uefa Cup if they had abolished the European Cup.