Page 97 of 114 FirstFirst ... 478790919293949596979899100101102103104107 ... LastLast

Thread: Football News

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Really encouraged that Laptop Eddie will be back.

Next step - Richard Hughes or someone similar.

Last step - convince Alonso or Amorim.
    Last step possibly much harder with the rumoured power ceded to Edwards.

With luck the last step has already been taken. Alonso is wrapped up and what we see as step 1 and 2 are actually step 2 and 3

So - Edwards has agreed and will take over on June 1st - and will oversee a second club that FSG are buying.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/03/liverpool-owners-fsg-plan-to-buy-another-football-club-michael-edwards-confirms/

I don’t know what any of this means, but I do hope this isn’t going to scupper our chances of landing Alonso.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Last step possibly much harder with the rumoured power ceded to Edwards.
    Possible - but not necessarily - it will depend from man to man.

By having Edwards in, our formula/model/call-it-whatever will be a bit like having a GM in American sports.

With luck the Manager is essentially going to be "just" a Coach with not as much responsibility outside of that. Some people would absolutely thrive in that sort of set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Possible - but not necessarily - it will depend from man to man.

By having Edwards in, our formula/model/call-it-whatever will be a bit like having a GM in American sports.

With luck the Manager is essentially going to be "just" a Coach with not as much responsibility outside of that. Some people would absolutely thrive in that sort of set-up.
    Kin ye name some successful PL managers wha hae thrived in that setup?
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp on whether Michael Edwards has tried to persuade him to stay: "We had that conversation. Michael and I always had a really good relationship. Very good on a professional basis anyway. Really good. A lot of good things happened in the time when we were here together. Mike decided to do something else. Now he is back I'm really happy.

"I said a few times I want to see the club in the best possible place after I left. Eveything I can do while I am here I will do. After other people will have to do it. It's a top solution. Our conversation was great. We spoke about a lot of things that I think about. Different things, players like. Because I was in all the time while he was not in. What might have to change, these type of things. It's top news for the club.

Did Edwards try to persuade Klopp to stay: "No. Because, and that's important in the job, he's not dumb. That's not a subject to talk about to be honest. Can you imagine I change my mind? Of course not. I cannot say what I said, about not having another club in England then sign for next year for our neighbours or whatever. It's crazy.

"I don't say these things without thinking before. It's not like I am now realising how great this club is. I know it's the best club in the world and I leave it anyway. I just want the club to do as good as somehow possible. I am really sure there is a good basis with the right people in charge. He is top choice."

Sounds very final. I'll be honest, a part of me still thought he'd still change his mind. But I think it's absolutely made up now.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

interesting not an happy camp so it appears so .

Manchester City have decided to postpone talks over a new contract for Belgium midfielder Kevin de Bruyne, 32, who has just over a year remaining on his current deal. (Football Insider)
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Former Manchester City and current Saudi Arabia coach Roberto Mancini has emerged as an option for Newcastle United should they decide to replace Eddie Howe this summer. (HITC)

He'll need to be paid twice. once above board and another under the table

Forest have been deducted 4 points for breaking the rules