Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303334353637383940

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Man City

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I genuinely don't think there is anyone on here that has a prejudice against a player like you do for Fabinho. If there is let's hear it.
    It's not a prejudice, I think in the right set up he is an exceptional player, I think as we play and have played elements of our game at the very highest levels we can, that he is the weakest link, it's not a prejudice, I don't dislike him for some bizarre reason as we have seen wtih other players like all those who have a prejudice against Lucas for not being Alonso and all of those who had a prejudice against Hendo for not being Gerrard, which far too many sadly and incredibly STILL have

It's purely a football thing, I just do not and never will think he is the type of No6 we need or who facilitates us being the best possible team we can be - With other players, they have ups and downs in form, or they have just one or two things they could do better with a bit of work on, with Fab, for me, what I think makes a great No6 or rather a great No6 for our team and way of playing, it's just lots of things

Jurgen loves him, but we don't play the 3 in midfield with Fab, he sits deeper, and often opposition sides don't try and attack us in those areas, he isn't active in the game for too much of most games, he isn't mobile enough, quick enough, agile enough, positionally good enough, nowhere fucking near good enough with the ball, good enough in reading the game, he doesn't cover right across the width of the pitch quickly to recover positions for the team

He for me is the most ridiculously overrated played I can ever remember our having, and on the subject of prejudice, it's very clear why he became a cult figure for a lot of people and there is nothing that merits that status as a player in his position

It is an absolutely incredible testament to Jurgen and the rest of our players and how far we have come that in a system such as ours, we can regularly field a player who sits as a kind of safety not being involved or having to be involved, not capable of being involved meaningfully with the ball for a lot of our games, he is effectively a spare player (spare part) not actively contributing for long periods of the game

So he sits there, not that involved, not contributing with the ball and when we desperately need him to do what I have seen Alonso, Lucas, Mascherano and even Stevie who I did NOT rate at DM at all do time and time and time again routinely, get back behind his defence when other players have made mistakes and bail the team out and he fails to do that, no-one's allowed to say anything about it? Jesus fucking wept

Oh and we're not allowed to talk about how ridiculously easy he allowed Bacon face to breeze past him to score for City in the 2-2 either, that was scandalous, absolutely scandalous, far worse than Robbo getting done by Mahrez who beats plenty of players for pace
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 18th April 2022 at 12:19 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Matip named Premier League POTM

Happy Birthday Mane
    Dear 19x, thank you, nice to be right attimes with thoughts like that. It doesn't happen often!