Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mane at No9

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Then Covid struck Mane and struck him hard, and he lost just a little bit of the explosive acceleration off the mark, pace and strength that helped him get so many of his goals and assists

I cannot praise Mane highly enough, he is an absolutely incredible person and human being first and foremost and he is an absolutely incredible football player. On top of scoring 2 goals today, Mane's pressing and counter pressing was phenomenal, he Diaz and Keita really set the tone for the entire team.

I really hope, REALLY hope that through our ability to rotate, and for Mane and other players to put absolutely everything into every game being as near 100% as possible then maybe have a rest in the next game, that somehow, just maybe, through pushing himself as hard as he did in today's game, with more rest afterwards, his former peak levels of pace and power might just return over time.
    First time I've heard it spoken of in any way publicly, but Jurgen actually mentioned this in today's presser, saying that Mane had these issues post Covid, but more that he hadn't lost a little of that explosive acceleration and power, but that, as I interpreted what he said, he was somehow unable to use it with the short recovery periods between games, but that with longer recovery time between games, now we have the quality in strength and depth to give him more rest, he can use it, but not as frequently, but Jurgen seemed hopeful, as we all are, that over a longer time period, Mane is able to recover fully and again use it more frequently and recover as well as he used to
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I know it was the filthy and they're fucking shite, but I thought Mane was absolutely brilliant tonight, best display I've seen from any of our players at No9 since Jurgen arrived, absolute quality

He was class. Well and truly back in form.
    We mean business.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    He was class. Well and truly back in form.
    We mean business.
    I thought he was brilliant, but we do have to check ourselves from going overboard on the team and any individual performances based on tonight's game, because that filthy side are absolute shite and were absolute shite

I thought he was brilliant, but we do have to check ourselves from going overboard on the team and any individual performances based on tonight's game, because that filthy side are absolute shite and were absolute shite
    That's true, they are abysmaland they knew they were getting beat. We are playing with such confidence though, we have that aura about us at the moment.
    Just hope it comes to something. Would be devastating to play maximum games and only take the league cup.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    That's true, they are abysmaland they knew they were getting beat. We are playing with such confidence though, we have that aura about us at the moment.
    Just hope it comes to something. Would be devastating to play maximum games and only take the league cup.
    We'll be doing the quadruple this season, one game at a time

Fantastic again. Helps that Man United's defence was poor, but we can only beat what's in front of us - it's not our responsibility to ensure the opposition are at the races - and we swatted them aside today despite a 15-20 spell in the second half where we lost our way a bit.

True. I'd say he was at 80-85% of full throttle.
    A lot more to come in bigger games, where we'll need him in the 95-100 range

Well, I did say Mane was also our most likely No9 to release other players and provide assists and he didn't disappoint

And WHAT an assist! Modric, Bacon face or Messi plays that as the 30th pass in a 31 pass move there's a massive media jizzfest

Apparently Ali was involved in more passes than the whole of the Utd midfield. 51 v 50
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"