Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213

Thread: Other midweek games 20th April - 21st April

The sad thing is to me. Is no one is going to try their damn hard to beat Man-city.. They have some tricky games in there..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Why are you worried? This is a game the bitters expect to lose and lose handsomely there are other games they will think they have a better chance of getting something from, it makes no sense whatsoever for them to approach this game in a way by which they could risk sending offs and suspensions from their remaining games - If there is any shithousery our players and the Anfield crowd should make the absolute most of any such shite pressurising the officials to take action against any offenders
    In theory perhaps. But I look at it like this. Imagine if we were in their shoes. Would we be accepting the fact we get beat? While staring at relegation? Or would we be doing everything in our power to fight, to work out backsides off and somehow get a result.

The Derby is an unpredictable game despite our recent record. So many chances for them to try and upset us.

Hopefully we are just too smart and too good but we can expect little help from the officials. They will be “letting plenty go”.

It’s a nasty hurdle to get past imo.

Burnley beating Wolves would just be absolutely majestic.

Please please please

Everton will be a tougher challenge than Man United but we really should be winning that game. Avoiding injury will be trickier, but they'd be unwise to get any of their lads sent off at a time they need points.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    If ever there was a game where a strong referee was needed. I’m genuinely worried for our players but wouldn’t be if referees did their job properly.
    Me too. They will kick lumps put of our players.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    In theory perhaps. But I look at it like this. Imagine if we were in their shoes. Would we be accepting the fact we get beat? While staring at relegation? Or would we be doing everything in our power to fight, to work out backsides off and somehow get a result.

The Derby is an unpredictable game despite our recent record. So many chances for them to try and upset us.

Hopefully we are just too smart and too good but we can expect little help from the officials. They will be “letting plenty go”.

It’s a nasty hurdle to get past imo.
    Absolutely right. It's been shown more times than enough in history that form goes out of the window in a Derby game. They'd love to beat us anytime let alone when it could well and truly kill off our title chance.

I’m not the only one worried about the animals from across the park.

Klopp: “The pitch has a specific size, we both have 10 outfield players, you can close spaces by moving, you cannot close spaces by knocking somebody down who cannot walk anymore.”
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I’m not the only one worried about the animals from across the park.

Klopp: “The pitch has a specific size, we both have 10 outfield players, you can close spaces by moving, you cannot close spaces by knocking somebody down who cannot walk anymore.”
    Klopp's just making every effort to outline the potential for thuggery from them and that refs have let too much of that go in Derby's in the last 2 seasons and he expects better, without calling out the refs specifically - That's what Jurgen does, he goes softly softly
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Also SB, that's another VERY fucking good reason for wanting those bitter clogging bastards to go down, I'd be more worried if they were midtable without much to play for or it was early season to be honest, the pertinent fact for me is, in their position, they really can't afford to have anyone sent off and I think Jurgen keeps highlighting it so our crowd will be in complete and utter uproar at any and every foul they make
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”