Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Government to introduce new football regulator

Government to introduce new football regulator

Following a fan-led review last year the government has endorsed all ten recommendations and is set to introduce a new regulator
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61211255

Without even reading that. It's never good when governments are involved with anything...

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Without even reading that. It's never good when governments are involved with anything...
    Agreed.. I heard someone from this group on the radio a few weeks ago and she was insisting the first thing they were going to do was introduce equity rules so more women were represented at higher levels..

These people should sod off and leave us alone.

ESL is here in all but name if they issue wildcards.

Sky were losing their heads over ESL but have said nothing over CL new format.

Basically moaning as Dazn were going to get the coverage.

I agree more should be done to help / stop monsters ruining clubs like Bury Macclesfield Oldham etc.

When are the Premier league packages up for tender again?
    I can see Sky being pushed out a bit more. That wildcard system is a joke.

What can go wrong?
    We have corruption and/or incompetence throughout FIFA, UEFA, EPL/FA, PGMOL. Why not add something else to the mess?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    ESL is here in all but name if they issue wildcards.

Sky were losing their heads over ESL but have said nothing over CL new format.

Basically moaning as Dazn were going to get the coverage.

I agree more should be done to help / stop monsters ruining clubs like Bury Macclesfield Oldham etc.
    They have done one thing on it, but there hasn't been the almighty ruining the game, destroying the football pyramid, the sky's falling in bollocks there was when someone was threatening Sky's and BTs rights to exploit fans with outrageously overpriced football packages

They are trying to regulate it to stop the potential for future ESL bids, because they make so much tax revenue from football, Sky and BT

IF they proposed to do anything about FFP and passing legislation to stop the Man City's, Chelsea's and Newcastle's of this world wrecking their football pyramid and fair play and the integrity of the game, by continually pushing costs up for all the other clubs without their resources, encouraging clubs to take silly risks or pricing them out of the market entirely
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'm also already sick and tired of broadcasters trying to ram women's football down our throats, I don't rate it, because it isn't as good as the men's game, the standard of the women's top league isn't as good as the Championship and I don't watch that either, there are other top European men's league's I would much prefer they broadcast, as it gives you the opportunity to watch other players, styles and tactics that have far more relevance and therefore interest to me as they are sides my team might meet and players that may interest them

I'm getting really fucking tired of wokeness, they are using the men's game and the incredible revenue it brings in to try and force the women's game on everyone through fucking wokeness, let them build their own following and audience up, with broadcasters showing games on merit, not through wokeness and even start and build clubs up off their own fucking back if you want equality, living in the age of ridiculous wokeness is really fucking annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Agreed.. I heard someone from this group on the radio a few weeks ago and she was insisting the first thing they were going to do was introduce equity rules so more women were represented at higher levels..

These people should sod off and leave us alone.
    I loathe wokeness, people should campaign for equality by ability, it's inequality to give anyone a job or position ahead of another person with greater ability than them based on fulfilling quotas that are allegedly to promote equality, it's an absolute nonsense

It's like the people in women's football whining about disparity in funding for training, youth coaching and other things between their game and the mens game, WHAT revenue are they bringing in/generating to be spent on those things? The men's game is bringing in the revenue to be spent on those things, the women's game is getting a free ride, the woke crowd have zero fucking idea what equality is, they just want a free hand out and more funding paid for by someone else's hard work

Football actually proves the absurdity of equity and inclusion because it is one of the few bastions of pure competition.

Imagine if they say half the premiership managers should be women. That will instantly kill the game. And why not demand it? It follows their theory.

What it shows is that the same theory kills everything else too - it’s just harder to notice. When winning football matches is replaced as the ultimate reason for playing football by equity and inclusion, the result will be the death of football.

One of the great things about football is it also demonstrates how very competitive businesses can also fill themselves with humanity and respect - for example, the response to Ronaldo’s tragedy. But these people want to believe the lack of equity shows the sport is bad for society.