Thread: Data analytics

Data analytics

I found this to be a most interesting if a little lengthy article on data analytics with quite a bit of special mention to Liverpool..
    https://soccerment.com/the-importance-of-football-analytics/

they should just lock 19x in a room with a full subscription to Sky sports, occasionally push a banana sandwich under the door and empty out the sluice, then just get someone to dedicate their life to reading this forum

Interesting article. It has to be said, that our recruitment under FSG, has been- mostly - very successful.

FSG deserve praise for bringing in a data analysis 'dream team'. I worry slightly about life after Michael Edwards.

The one thing (that to the best of my knowledge), data analysis can't filter, is personality. VvD and Alisson may be very good (if not the best) players in their positions, but they're also very strong personalities. Bruno Fernandes and Richarlison might have looked brilliant from a data analysis point of view, but I wouldn't want either of the Class A twats near my team. I remember being disappointed that we missed out on Fernandes , but it seems we knew better.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Love links related to this topic - think that article is a new one so will peruse it later with a Cuppa.

FSG employ well and it has been such a pleasure (since the signing of Diaz seemingly) to see the forum move away from what felt like 20% (I'm sure it was nothing like that of course really) of posts being some variation of "FSG bad, not enough spend make fan sad, Yanks out" to just appreciating what we are managing to achieve this season.

To be at this stage of the season and have so much to play for is remarkable. Klopp and the playing staff are of course the main factor but so much goes into it all and Data Analytics certainly play their part.