Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Newcastle v Liverpool

Would like an early goal to start the second half help put this one away, but honestly anyway we get the three points I'll be happy to take.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Very controlled first half especially from the midfield, all 3 have put a shift in. On half time but I can see Newcastle running out of steam and up getting another if not 2.

Excellent first half, focused and intelligent play. They came at us from the off, in our faces but we matched them all over the pitch.
    8 attempts 3 on target v 2 attempts 1 on target and 73% possession says it all. Can’t remember a Newcastle chance in the half. Totally in control, rounded off with a lovely Naby Keita goal.
    More of the same lads.

Pretty comfortable so far.
    Joel Matip having a brilliant game.
    Much as i love James Milner, I think we are seeing a bit of a drop off in quality from him this season.
    A few more goals in the second half please, lets make the goal difference insurmountable.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    No need for Jota to get involved but Linton is looking at a red if he doesn't chill out. Keitas been very good, Milners had a few decent positions where another mid uses the ball better.
    Yep, Linton has been persistently fouling our players in that area all game, Jota had just had enough of it, so got involved, got himself in the book for it, but got Linton in the book so he has to calm it the fuck down
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Wasn’t really worthy of a booking was it? Gentle push.. really?? There would be half a dozen more bookings a game if that was the norm

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Wasn’t really worthy of a booking was it? Gentle push.. really?? There would be half a dozen more bookings a game if that was the norm
    Jota's shouldn't have been a booking, and it wouldn't have been had Marriner been doing his job and booked Linton earlier for persistently fouling.

Tactically it's been a really interesting half, because we've set up very differently from how they would have used their full week to prepare for playing against us

Second half imminent, here we go, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, be a bit better this half, administer the bumming, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points to move top here today and stay there

Great tactical foul there Naby, and so high no booking, good lad

Come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, get yourselves a second goal here NOW

Corner here, come on Virgil, come on Jota, bury this here NOW

Jota scores some very important goals but his all round game really needs improvement