Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milner contract

Milner contract

According to reports, Jurgen wants Millie to have another year and Millie wants another year, FSG are stalling

From everything I've read, Millie, Hendo and Robbo are our three biggest influences in the dressing room and the main people who gee all the lads up to be at their highest levels for every game just before the off

Millie is also one of our homegrown contingent - And given Neco who only recently qualified as an over 21 homegrown and Gomez are strongly rumoured to be angling for moves for more first team football as it's a world cup year and Milner is far more useful to have around and produces far more than Oxlade, who is on more money and I think and we could get a very good fee for because he's homegrown and has great ability for many other teams level, he needs moving on, I think extending Millies contract for another season is and absolute no brainer
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yep, think he’s got another year in him, he did very well yesterday, plenty of energy in a very difficult away game.

There's no good reason not to extend his contract, not money, not fitness. Sign him up

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    There's no good reason not to extend his contract, not money, not fitness. Sign him up
    Not only is there no reason not to, with the players who reportedly want to move for first team football as it's a world cup year and Oxlade needing moving on, we actually do need Millie for his homegrown status as even with him, we're looking at having a Premier League squad of 22 as we'll only have 5 homegrown players, Kelleher, Trent, Milner, Hendo, Jones

We do have several players who are U21's who are home grown registered, which will include Carvalho if he joins as expected, and I can't find any limit on how many of those you can include and those lads will get minutes with the 5 subs rule

Think he will get a new deal.

He has been involved in 30+ games for us this season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    According to reports, Jurgen wants Millie to have another year and Millie wants another year, FSG are stalling

From everything I've read, Millie, Hendo and Robbo are our three biggest influences in the dressing room and the main people who gee all the lads up to be at their highest levels for every game just before the off

Millie is also one of our homegrown contingent - And given Neco who only recently qualified as an over 21 homegrown and Gomez are strongly rumoured to be angling for moves for more first team football as it's a world cup year and Milner is far more useful to have around and produces far more than Oxlade, who is on more money and I think and we could get a very good fee for because he's homegrown and has great ability for many other teams level, he needs moving on, I think extending Millies contract for another season is and absolute no brainer
    After his performance yesterday, i was only saying to wifey. I would rather keep Milner & get rid of Oxlade.

We're in a very fortuitous position with him really.

If his (relatively high) wages came off the books to ensure we could pay an excellent younger player like Tchouameni McTouchyfeelerson then we could all understand it and find justification for it.

Equally, if he stayed on the books to contribute and continued to be an incredible role model and squad option for one more year we'd all be very happy.

As far as "problems" go, the Jimmy Milner conundrum is a nice one to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We're in a very fortuitous position with him really.

If his (relatively high) wages came off the books to ensure we could pay an excellent younger player like Tchouameni McTouchyfeelerson then we could all understand it and find justification for it.

Equally, if he stayed on the books to contribute and continued to be an incredible role model and squad option for one more year we'd all be very happy.

As far as "problems" go, the Jimmy Milner conundrum is a nice one to have.
    I'm firmly in the Jenson Millie stays Oxlade goes camp, Millie actually meaningfully contributes, Oxlade's limited meaningful contributions have come in just a couple of games and in the forward position when Mo and Mane were away at Afcon and moving forward, being honest, we don't need Oxlade in our forward ranks or Taki for that matter

You and I have talked about Bobby quite a lot, but he's on 180k and won't play so much next season and we could bring Nunez in instead and have him as part of the regenerating and evolution supported by Mo, Mane, Jota and Diaz, I think that's a tougher call than Millie staying which for me is a no brainer

Bobby's been an incredible player for us, love the guy, but we can't keep them all forever and on 180k if he isn't going to play as much and we could making a brilliant start to the regeneration, well, it seems the sensible thing to do sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'm firmly in the Jenson Millie stays Oxlade goes camp, Millie actually meaningfully contributes, Oxlade's limited meaningful contributions have come in just a couple of games and in the forward position when Mo and Mane were away at Afcon and moving forward, being honest, we don't need Oxlade in our forward ranks or Taki for that matter

You and I have talked about Bobby quite a lot, but he's on 180k and won't play so much next season and we could bring Nunez in instead and have him as part of the regenerating and evolution supported by Mo, Mane, Jota and Diaz, I think that's a tougher call than Millie staying which for me is a no brainer

Bobby's been an incredible player for us, love the guy, but we can't keep them all forever and on 180k if he isn't going to play as much and we could making a brilliant start to the regeneration, well, it seems the sensible thing to do sadly
    Sign him up again! Super servant!

Good lad to have around the squad, solid as fuck. Maybe less than 150kpw though.