Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222526272829303132

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Villarreal

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It's the front 3 that's the toughest call, the only name in that front 3 that is immediately on the list to start for me is Diaz
    Ahead of the league game v City, in the yourteam v CIty thread, that was the beginning of April, absolutely sure I posted it somewhere else a good while before that
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    Just been told utter, utter disappointment ( that's being polite ) on redcafe
    I miss talking to my favourite Man United supporter.

He would have been the first to wish us well for the Final. Had a very healthy respect for us and he was always content enough for us to win provided it wasn't at the direct expense of his own club.

Was a class act. Sorely missed.

Whatever happened to cuntnipple??

All the talk of Salahs contract.Mane should be signed up asap.. His form in the last 3/4 months has been out of this world
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

The boss gave a shout out to Nat Phillips in his press conference. Very classy. I doubt we would even be in the competition without his contribution at the end of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    The boss gave a shout out to Nat Phillips in his press conference. Very classy. I doubt we would even be in the competition without his contribution at the end of last season.
    We wouldn't have, but Jurgen's not infallible, and we were in our end of season position because of how we tried to go about things when we lost all our senior CBs, we dropped a lot of points and got players injured playing midfielders out of position in defence, as bad as the situation was, and as extraordinary as it was, it could and probably should have been managed an awful lot better

We were also robbed of around 15 points by VAR, we set up to play in a way in which we offer officials precious little opportunity to stitch us up, because of the quality of our players and how they approach certain situations, when we weren't able to do that, to take that power away from officials because of the injuries, they tried their absolute best to wreck our entire season and ensure we failed to qualify for this season's Champions League, so winning the final, winning the quadruple will be the perfect repost

I noticed at the end of the game Klopp was having a long talk with Jota, who seemed pretty upset about being pulled at half time (which I am fine with). Hope his confidence is alright. He is a player that has streaks of great form and then a series of quiet games too.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I noticed at the end of the game Klopp was having a long talk with Jota, who seemed pretty upset about being pulled at half time (which I am fine with). Hope his confidence is alright. He is a player that has streaks of great form and then a series of quiet games too.
    I really feel for Jota, spent a whole season trying to break into our front 3, did that coming preferred ahead of Bobby in most games, started this season quite well, banging the goals in, although as you say, he is something of a streak scorer, has runs of games scoring then nothing and when he isn't scoring it is like playing with 10 men, he has a lot of the game he does score in it's like we're playing with 10 and he isn't really contributing much otherwise, then he scores and is the best ever , all the other lads are better without the ball and more likely to assist than Jota

Then Diaz comes in, to give us back the balance of being as potent on our left in my opinion after we lost that through Mane losing a little bit of pace and power through covid, Mane reinvents himself for the third time, this time at No9, banging goals in, being much better without the ball than Jota or Bobby and much more likely to assists and all of a sudden Jota's struggling to make our best 11 again

As harsh as it is, that's top level football and Jota has to go again, he has to improve himself and reinvent himself and work on his game as Mane did to become our best No9, because Jota doesn't get in our best front 3 for the biggest games, with our having the width and link up back on our left, there's also every chance Bobby can go again and Jota finds himself behind another forward

He just has to be better and he will start more games. His link up play still needs a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    He just has to be better and he will start more games. His link up play still needs a lot of work.
    I agree, I was made up we signed Jota and remain so, he does have areas he needs to improve and other players are better than him, his link play, his pressing and ability to assist, it's all part and parcel of being at a top club with other amazing players and the competition for places and hopefully he relishes the challenge as he did when he first arrived, grasps it with both hands and works harder than ever to develop his game and physical attributes as you absolutely CAN improve speed off the mark and pace a little too, to be the best possible player he can be for all THREE of our forward positions