Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Tottenham

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Lol give it up, our 433 is one attacking mid, which when Hendo plays it, in the triangle he Mo and Trent operate so well in, one of them always giving us width right and with Diaz giving us the width left moving between positions you'd find him in a 433 or 4231 why fuck about with our system that has served us so brilliantly and that the lopsided nature of is a incredible part of why it is so successful

Get over it, IF we sign Nunez, Carvalho and Tchouameni in the summer, we will have genuine options to play 433 and 4231 in some games, otherwise, best left well alone, if it aint broken don't fix it means something to me at least
    Does this adage apply to Fab & Thiago, Jota on goals per minute, or only where its convenient

I'm striving for perfection boldly, whilst you sit petrified of losing what you've got

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Does this adage apply to Fab & Thiago, Jota on goals per minute, or only where its convenient

I'm striving for perfection boldly, whilst you sit petrified of losing what you've got
    I'm constantly striving for perfection, what you persistently propose is devolution, not evolution
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I expect our lads to administer a thorough, hard, deep penetrating bumming, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points and move top of the table
    All the more so, after what we had to put up with in the reverse fixture.
    I'm still seething....

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    All the more so, after what we had to put up with in the reverse fixture.
    I'm still seething....
    I am over the non award of a penalty to Everton against Man-city.. The ball hit the city player on the elbow from one image i have seen.. Was 100% cheating from the VAR
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Reverting to a dated fatally flawed and limited system isn't striving for perfection

Funny how much noise i made about the loss of balance in how we attack and were able to threaten teams, the lack of width. linking with Robbo and stretching and threatening sides down our left, and Jurgen brought Diaz in to replace everything we lost that I was the person most vociferously and persistently moaning about, are you saying in replacing what Mane's slight loss of pace and power took from us as a team he did so because he was petrified of losing what he had?

Or is it the case that his development of Mane at No9 and Diaz offering much of what Mane did but with obvious differences was evolution, and quite considerable evolution over the course of the season?

It's undeniable why Jurgen bought Diaz and what specific role he was bought to mostly play, but you want to use him differently
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I think I would rest Trent and Robbo for the Spurs game. Robbo especially looking exhausted sometimes, although apart from last nights bad performance, he has been great recently.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I think I would rest Trent and Robbo for the Spurs game. Robbo especially looking exhausted sometimes, although apart from last nights bad performance, he has been great recently.
    totally agree. TAA was much improved 2nd half last nite but Villereal had already shot their bolt by then. Give Gomez and Kostas a deserved and needed game, Would hate to burn robertson out with Villa A just 72hrs later.

Reverting to a dated fatally flawed and limited system isn't striving for perfection

Funny how much noise i made about the loss of balance in how we attack and were able to threaten teams, the lack of width. linking with Robbo and stretching and threatening sides down our left, and Jurgen brought Diaz in to replace everything we lost that I was the person most vociferously and persistently moaning about, are you saying in replacing what Mane's slight loss of pace and power took from us as a team he did so because he was petrified of losing what he had?

Or is it the case that his development of Mane at No9 and Diaz offering much of what Mane did but with obvious differences was evolution, and quite considerable evolution over the course of the season?

It's undeniable why Jurgen bought Diaz and what specific role he was bought to mostly play, but you want to use him differently
    Paragraph 1 is just hyperbole. All the systems have been around for a good while.
    Your super pattern analysis mind hadn't picked up what my normie mind had regarding spurs loses.
    Coming mostly against 4231/442 or 343/352 systems

You have come up with loads of excuses for our team and left side in particular.
    First you insisted it was the loss of gini that had hampered our chances of success this season. We sit on the cusp of a potential quadruple.
    It was Thiagos fault.
    Then diaz arrived and was boss on our left side. At this point Mane himself might be considered by a rational person.

Mane looks more interested playing centrally and runs better when he plays where he wants to. His lack of performance on the left and worse on the right, is conveniently put down to a supposed lack of pace/power. I love Mane but he's developed an attitude

Diaz is very comfortable playing in that system and prior to his arrival at lfc the 4231/442 has been the system he played in most. Also having a better goals and assist record playing in that slightly different role.
    You can take any 4 of our 5 forwards and we're a better 11 for it.

The argument against adding say Bobby or Jota, over thiago and keita should be considered along the lines of key metrics

Goals
    Assists
    Creativity
    Defensive contributions
    Pressing
    Set piece defending and attacking

Bobby is out at the minute

Hendo Fab
    Salah Mane Diaz
    Jota

That 6 has the best record when you consider the key metrics.
    Thiago is well suited to pop in and out for Hendo/Fab
    Keita is more suited to a role in an attacking 4.

Kelleher Gomez Konate Tsimi Milner Thiago Keita Bobby Take.your.pick for.a.9th

From Jones, Origi, Taki, Ox, Elliot

And that system is also capable of having a slanted shape and tweaked to suit our strengths

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I'd personally be looking at the Aston Villa game as the time to rest those two - make sure they're fresh for the Cup Final against Chelsea.