Thread: Guardiola's at the wheel - How long has he got?

Guardiola's at the wheel - How long has he got?

He's spent over 1 billion euros on players without breaking FFP rules allegedly, since arriving at City, he has an incredible embarrassment of riches at his disposal WHEN do City's owners and perhaps even Guardiola himself accept he is NOT the manager to lead City to footballs biggest prize their owners covet above all else

Guardiola failed for years at Bayern yet Hansi Flick took over half way through a season and won it

Tuchel took over a far less talented and loaded Chelsea squad halfway through a season and landed it

Even Di Matteo won it with Chelsea taking over half way through a season

I think it's time for City's owners, Guardiola, their players and fans to accept that they will NEVER land this trophy under Guardiola and go their separate ways
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Two months
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think it's time for City's owners, Guardiola, their players and fans to accept that they will NEVER land this trophy under Guardiola and go their separate ways
    Jubilant as we are after that result, I honestly think he stays as long as he wants provided that they are relatively relevant and still winning things.

In terms of the Barcelona ex-staff and how the whole club is essentially tailor-made to suit him and given how Sports-washing works, having what is perceived to be the best Manager in the World (even though it's Klopp...) along with a few English talents (Sterling, Foden, Grealish) is part of the plan.

Naturally I would love Pep to leave as I think we would be capable (looking at other sides around us) of getting 2 or 3 League titles on the spin and be the record holders numerically for League titles AND European Cups by the time Klopp departs, but annoyingly I think Pep stays as long as he wants to - he won't get better squad depth or finances anywhere else.

Pep will leave on his own terms, City would be crazy to let him go. He might be bottling CL titles but his team is still one of the world’s best and he is perfect for their owners and fans.

I'm not so sure myself

Only won the 18-19 League title through officiating errors without which Jurgen with the 16th lowest net spend in the league would have justly and fairly landed a Premier League and Champions League double

19-20 Got absolutely destroyed by Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool in the race for the Premier League title

20-21 Won the Premier League only through their main challenger having been devastated by injuries

21-22 Out of all cups Only currently leading the Premier League by unquestionable, seemingly deliberate errors by officials, Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool should be just 2 wins and a draw away from being confirmed as Premier League title winners

It isn't the best record, it isn't the record of a top manager getting the very best from the players at his disposal and managing, inspiring and motivating his players in the manner of a top manager

This is THE FIRST season since being appointed Liverpool manager his main rival Jurgen Klopp has had the strength in depth to be able to challenge for the domestic cup competitions, although he has been left a little short in the midfield department that have cost him some points in a couple of Prem games, but in his first season being able to compete in both domestic cups, he is in the final of both and in the Champions League final and Guardiola's City are in NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'm not so sure myself

Only won the 18-19 League title through officiating errors without which Jurgen with the 16th lowest net spend in the league would have justly and fairly landed a Premier League and Champions League double

19-20 Got absolutely destroyed by Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool in the race for the Premier League title

20-21 Won the Premier League only through their main challenger having been devastated by injuries

21-22 Out of all cups Only currently leading the Premier League by unquestionable, seemingly deliberate errors by officials, Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool should be just 2 wins and a draw away from being confirmed as Premier League title winners

It isn't the best record, it isn't the record of a top manager getting the very best from the players at his disposal and managing, inspiring and motivating his players in the manner of a top manager

This is THE FIRST season since being appointed Liverpool manager his main rival Jurgen Klopp has had the strength in depth to be able to challenge for the domestic cup competitions, although he has been left a little short in the midfield department that have cost him some points in a couple of Prem games, but in his first season being able to compete in both domestic cups, he is in the final of both and in the Champions League final and Guardiola's City are in NONE
    His record v Jurgen in the league over recent seasons in head to head fixtures is quite good.

Their PL records over recent seasons is essentially a tie.

Which should favour Jurgen as in their off season it was put down to Laporte being out, whereas Jurgens off season was a bigger injury crisis.

If we want to overturn the few points advantage from crooked calls, we'll have to start beating them in the PL again.

Klopps the superior manager no doubt.
    I think the tide of opinion amongst city fans might be turning against him. They're getting fed up with the CL failures under him, and while they acknowledge he's a great manager they see his shortcomings costing them in the CL.

Kompany, Aguerro, David Silva, Fernandinho (due to leave in the summer) and not a Champions League winners medal between them, I think I heard they've commissioned a statue of Aguerro, the lad hasn't even got a Champions League winners medal in his collection

Well, interesting, but I'm not sure about this, because it actually started prior to this happening, as he couldn't get anywhere near winning the Champions League for Bayern in his 3 seasons there, despite again being backed far more heavily than any other club in his domestic league

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Surely a note of caution here for the filthy's fans too, as on the face of it, they've appointed a relatively inexperienced manager from a very one team league, a second tier European league in all honesty, to try and overturn 2 managers who are incredibly well set one of whom was pushing near 100 points a season and reaching Champions League finals before having anything like adequate strength in depth, Tuchel, a Champions League winner in his first season with Chelsea, Conte a Premier League and Serie A winner with a squad further ahead of the filthy's and the newest sports washing club Newcastle