Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Aston Villa

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Origi should have had half an hour tonight, Jota did zilch when he came on, you don’t often say that about Div.
    If Mo had passed it when he took that second unnecessary touch meaning the shot was always going to be blocked, Jota had a tap in, greedy Mo too often tonight
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

He was greedy, the only time he looked to play anyone in was if he coikdnt go himself and the pass he made was poor or intercepted.

Agree there eill be players rested fir the cup final unless the unthinkable happens and Newcastle win.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    He was greedy, the only time he looked to play anyone in was if he coikdnt go himself and the pass he made was poor or intercepted.

Agree there eill be players rested fir the cup final unless the unthinkable happens and Newcastle win.
    There'll be players rested for the cup final if Newcastle do win, playing us and playing CIty aren't entirely disimilar challenges, Newcastle have had a week of prep to play us, a real life experience of facing that challenge they narrowly lost, followed by a week to tweak that, together with heat maps and analysis of how Palace and Southampton successfully turned them over to prepare for their game v City, score early doors and make sure they don't let them score easy or early, they could make a real fucking game of it, a Linton brace seems on the cards to me

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Alisson

Gomez Matip Van Dijk Tsimikas

Keita Henderson Milner

Origi Mane Jota

I expect our lads to administer a thorough, hard, deep penetrating bumming, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points
    I'd be looking to get Hendo, Mane and Keita off on the hour at the latest too, ahead of the FA Cup final

Alisson
    Gomez Matip Konate Tsimi
    Fab Thiago
    Salah Firmino Diaz
    Jota

Kelleher, Trent, Virgil, Robbo, Hendo, Milner, Keita, Mane, Origi

Ideally:
    Mane on for Salah at half-time.
    Hendo on for Fab.
    Origi with a run out before the cup final.

Hopefully Bobby's fit to take some minutes from the bench, only won the reverse fixture 1-0 courtesy of a penalty too, think we'll really need Captain fantastic's passing that makes goals from No6, Milners know how and hard graft and Naby's ability on the ball for what will be a very tough test.

Alisson

Gomez Matip Van Dijk Tsimikas

Keita Henderson Milner

Salah Jota Diaz

Just think this might be a game for Jota, how he drifts between defenders, Gomez at RB gives Keita more license to attack as he likes to also, Hendo at No6 absolutely has the ability we lacked on Saturday evening to release Salah, Jota, Diaz or Tsimikas even if the opposition are on the edge of their own box, to remind all fur coat and no knickers what that looks like as he did in the 5-0 v the fithy and 3-1 v Norwich - A win if all we need, being able to bring 3 off without weakening by the hour already in the lead would be absolutely brilliant

I absolutely expect our lads to administer a thorough, hard, deep penetrating bumming, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points

I really do think a passing that makes goals performance and demonstration from Captain fantastic might just be the perfect refresher and reminder for Thiago of the type of passing our forwards and full backs thrive on ahead of the Cup final Something we really should have done a lot more of throughout the season for me, lots of games a season we don't need to field a No6 in the mould/of the type that Fab is too

Starting XI to face @AVFCOfficial:

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Fabinho, Keita, Jones, Jota, Mane, Diaz

Not sure about Jones
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"