Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jake Daniels, Gay Footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    He's a very brave young man, no doubt about that. He'll get absolutely slaughtered from the terraces unfortunately. I doubt many, if any more players come out.
    Lucky he didn't come out 40 years ago - imagine the amount of stick from the terraces!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Lucky he didn't come out 40 years ago - imagine the amount of stick from the terraces!
    Justin Fashanu came out about 32 years ago and ended up hanging himself.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Why is it so funny when he says “a gay” as opposed to just “gay”.
    It just is..
    Partridge - I know what you mean, the addition of ‘a’ renders it both harmless (as in Alan really hasn’t a clue) and so, so funny.

I am obsessed with the character. Hopefully I am not actually observing myself.

Haha Steveo mate that would explain a lot …

What….
    Fuck me and your a moderator.
    Define please “ poster boy for gay footballers “

“ probably raise his profile ?”
    Really think you should reconsider your post, reflect , and , if happy with it repost it.
    The lad has real guts, he will be vilified . your post is… shameful.

Ahh hi nob, my favourite poster, where would we be without your moral compass?

So glad you’re here to contribute

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    What….
    Fuck me and your a moderator.
    Define please “ poster boy for gay footballers “

“ probably raise his profile ?”
    Really think you should reconsider your post, reflect , and , if happy with it repost it.
    The lad has real guts, he will be vilified . your post is… shameful.
    I imagine he means that he'll be someone to be looked up to as the face of gay footballers moving forward. I don't think it was an offensive statement at all. He is incredibly brave to do what he did, and should be given credit, I think Vin was simply saying that off the back of it he'll be more than just a footballer in the future.
    You are essentially an oxygen thief.

He will get a lot of abuse now.. fine by me he wanted to come out.. But sometimes its best just too get on with your life.
    Not that anyone shouldn't feel they have to keep their sexuality a secret.. Its no big deal to me personally. I don't care whos gay and whos not. But some shits opposition fans and on social media.. Will have a field day with it sadly.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Well, good luck to the lad, I hope this turns out to be a positive thing for him ,there are an awful lot of dickheads and bigots out there - I don't understand why so many people are knobs and have this need to attack people who are different from them or their normal in some way or another
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, good luck to the lad, I hope this turns out to be a positive thing for him ,there are an awful lot of dickheads and bigots out there - I don't understand why so many people are knobs and have this need to attack people who are different from them or their normal in some way or another
    I believe it's called "Life" mate.
    Personally on a slightly different note cannot wait for the World Cup and see if any "sexually different" people decide to flaunt Saudi laws on this topic and then expect relative governments step in to save them from what they blatantly flaunted.
    In all honesty can they really afford to relax their laws on this........i believe not !
    Last edited by fagin; 19th May 2022 at 12:29 AM.